March 7, 2014
Recap | Box Score | Photo Gallery | USA Today Photo Gallery
- No. 23 Iowa moves to 25-7 overall.
- Iowa’s 25 wins mark the highest total under UI head coach Lisa Bluder, and the highest since Iowa finished 27-4 in 1995-96. Iowa has won 20 or more games in six of the last seven seasons (the Hawkeyes won 19 in 2011-12).
- Iowa, the No. 5 seed in the Big Ten Tournament, advances to Saturday’s semifinals to face No. 8 seed Ohio State at 2:30 p.m. (CT) on Big Ten Network.
- Iowa defeated Ohio State twice during the regular season.
- Iowa advances to the semifinals of the Big Ten Tournament for the first time since 2010. The Hawkeyes advanced to the semifinals for three-straight years from 2008-10.
- Iowa also advanced to the semifinals in 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, and 2003.
- Iowa leads the Big Ten in overall victories (25).
- The Hawkeyes have won five straight, 11-of-13, and 13-of-16 since starting 0-2 in league play.
- Iowa is 12-4 away from Iowa City this season: 7-4 in true road games, and 5-0 in neutral site contests. The Hawkeyes are 8-2 against Big Ten opponents away from Iowa City.
- Iowa is 11-0 this season when playing on Big Ten Network.
- Senior Theairra Taylor finished with 17 points. She has scored in double figures in 14 of the last 17 games.
- Iowa has had three or more players score in double figures in each of the last 31 contests (all but one game this season – the season-opener).
- All five Iowa starters finished in double figures during the win over Purdue (Dixon 18, Taylor 17, Doolittle 16, Logic 12, Disterhoft 12).
- Junior point guard Samantha Logic notched her 11th double-double of the season, and 23rd of her career (12 points, 11 assists). She also notched her 17th career double-digit assist performance, the most in program history.
- Iowa finished 22-of-24 from the free throw line (91.7%), out-rebounded Purdue (36-34), and scored 32 points off 20 Purdue turnovers.