March 21, 2014
- Iowa NCAA Tournament Central Page
- Read the March issue of Hawk Talk Monthly
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly iOS app
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly android app
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
IOWA CITY, Iowa — Former University of Iowa men’s basketball player and Flint, Michigan, native Roy Marble will be inducted into The Greater Flint Afro-American Hall of Fame on Sunday.
The 30th annual ceremony will take place at the Riverfront Banquet Center, located at 1 Riverfront Center West in Flint. A social will begin at 4:25 p.m. (ET), followed by the dinner and program at 4:30 p.m. (ET).
Marble, who is Iowa’s all-time leading scorer with 2,116 points, was a two-time all-conference selection (1988-89). He was a member of four NCAA Tournament teams, including Iowa’s 1987 team that won a school-record 30 games and advanced to the Elite Eight. Marble was drafted by the Atlanta Hawks in the 1989 NBA Draft. In addition to playing with Atlanta, he also played for the Denver Nuggets.