June 4, 2014
- Read the May issue of Hawk Talk Monthly
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly iOS app
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly android app
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPad and iPhone app!
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
IOWA CITY, Iowa — The final ITA rankings of the season were released Wednesday and graduated senior Jonas Dierckx ended his career ranked No. 121 in the country. The ranking marks the highest ranking of Dierckx’s career after the native of Lommel, Belgium, entered the rankings at No. 124 on April 22.
A four-time letterwinner and a second-team All-Big Ten selection his junior and senior year, Dierckx compiled 107 career victories in singles and doubles during his time as a Hawkeye. During his senior season, Dierckx defeated then No. 54 Raleigh Smith of Northwestern and No. 33 Leonard Stakhovsky of Penn State over the course of a week to launch him into the rankings.
Dierckx became the first Hawkeye to appear in the ITA singles rankings since Marc Bruche was ranked 93rd on Jan. 3, 2012, and is the first Hawkeye to be in the season-ending rankings since 2008 when Bart van Monsjou was ranked 68th.