July 30, 2015
- Read the June issue of Hawk Talk Monthly
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone app!
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly iOS app
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly android app
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
ELKHORN, Neb. — University of Iowa men’s golfers Sam Meuret and Carson Schaake finished third and fourth, respectively, at the 107th Nebraska Amateur Championship at Indian Creek Golf Course on Thursday.
Meuret, a sophomore, carded a four-round total of 288 (E; 70, 76, 70, 72), just two strokes behind medalist Rylee Reinertson (286). The Brunswick, Nebraska, native shot his best rounds on Monday (Round 1) and Wednesday (Round 3), carding a two-under-par 70 on each day. His third round was highlighted by an eagle on the par-five fourth hole.
Junior Carson Schaake recorded a two-over-par 290 (74, 71, 71, 74) to finish fourth. The Omaha, Nebraska, native carded a one-under-par 71 in both the second and third rounds. An eagle on the par-five 11th hole highlighted his third round, while he carded three birdies on the back nine in rounds one, two and four.