Dec. 31, 2015
- Hawkeye Rose Bowl Site
- Game Day Live
- 2015 UI Football Fall Camp Central
- Read the December issue of Hawk Talk Monthly
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly iOS app
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly android app
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone/iPad app
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye android app
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
By JAMES ALLAN
PASADENA, Calif. — It was worth the wait for the University of Iowa football team.
The Hawkeyes got their first glimpse of the hallowed ground at Rose Bowl Stadium on Thursday in preparation for Friday’s game against No. 6 Stanford in the 102nd Rose Bowl Game.
“You can’t get a grip on it until you’re here,” said senior fullback Macon Plewa.
The grass was pristine and freshly painted. The San Gabriel mountains stood out in the distance.
“I am so thrilled by the mountains and the stadium is historic,” said sophomore Akrum Wadley. “I am happy to be here.”
Friday’s game will kick off at 4:10 p.m. (CT) and it will be televised on ESPN.
“There is beautiful grass and it is a beautiful stadium,” said senior Jordan Lomax. “I can’t wait to see it filled with Hawkeye fans.”