Feb. 17, 2016
- Read the February issue of Hawk Talk Monthly
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly iOS app
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly android app
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPad and iPhone app!
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
IOWA CITY, Iowa — University of Iowa junior All-American Aaron Mallet has been named Big Ten Track Athlete of the Week for his performance at the Tyson Invitational in Fayetteville, Arkansas, on Feb 12.
Mallett, a native of St. Louis, placed second in the men’s 60-meter hurdles (7.73) over Nebraska’s Oladapo Akinmoladun (7.74). This is the sixth consecutive week Mallett has led the Big Ten in the event. Top-ranked Dondre Echols of South Carolina took the event title in 7.69.
Mallett’s personal-best 7.71, which he set at the Razorback Invitational on Jan. 30, ties for fifth nationally.
The weekly conference award is the second of Mallett’s career.
The Hawkeyes head to their final meet prior to the Big Ten Championships (Feb. 26-27) at the Alex Wilson Invitational in South Bend, Indiana, on Feb. 20.