The University of Iowa men’s tennis team (9-4, 1-1) opens its Spring Break trip in San Diego with a match-up against the Harvard Crimson (8-6) on Thursday at 10 a.m. (PT). The competition will take place on San Diego State’s campus.
• Iowa’s double team of senior Robin Haden and junior Jake Jacoby are 10-1 on the season.
• The Hawkeye duo are currently on a five-match win streak.
• Their last two wins were over Big Ten teams.
• Iowa and only competed against Harvard once before (0-1).
• The Crimson is on a two-match win streak.
• Harvard kicked off its spring break trip with a 4-3 triumph over UC Irvine.
• Harvard’s top doubles team of Kenny Tao and Brian Young is ranked 40th nationally.
• Tao and Young are on a six-match win streak.
• Oregon, Tulane, Drake, San Diego, Arizona and San Diego State are also competing in the SDSU/USD Invite.
• No. 25 Oregon and No. 30 Tulane are the only top 50 teams in the tournament.
• Four teams have nationally ranked athletes.
• Oregon’s Thomas Laurent (40), Tulane’s Constantin Schmitz, and Drake’s Vinny Gillespie (48) are all ranked in the top 50.
• The SDSU/USD Invite will be played on both campuses over the course of two days.
• The Aztec Tennis Center, built in 2005, boasts 12 outdoor courts in the edge of San Diego State’s campus.
• UDS’s Skip and Cindy Hogan Tennis Center has eight outdoor courts and has been the host site for NCAA West Regional Championships, West Coast Conference Championships, and numerous USD Invitationals
FOLLOW THE HAWKEYES
Fans can follow the Hawkeyes all season long and receive live match updates on Facebook (facebook.com/IowaMensTennis) or on Twitter (@IowaMensTennis). Fans can also get a behind the scene look on Instagram (iowamenstennis).