• The University of Iowa men’s tennis team travels to the Hoosier state this weekend to take on Purdue, Indiana, and Butler.
• The Hawkeyes will match up first against the Boilermakers at 6 p.m. (ET).
• Iowa takes on the Hooisers at Noon (ET), Sunday.
• The Hawkeyes then travel to Indianapolis for a 6 p.m. (ET) faceoff against the Bulldogs.
• Junior Josh Silverstein is on a five match win streak that began with the defeat of Minnesota’s Stefan Milicevic on March 26.
• He is ranked No. 109 nationally.
• Silverstein has 48 career doubles wins, which ties Martin Aguirre (1986-89) for 15th in school history.
• Over the weekend, he picked up two wins in singles with one over a ranked opponent.
• On April 9, Silverstein defeated No. 50 Konrad Zeiba of Northwestern.
• He has now defeated two ranked opponents this season.
• Previously, the junior had only beaten one other ranked opponent during a spring season.
• The Hawkeye also recorded a ranked doubles win over the weekend.
• He paired with redshirt Kareem Allaf to defeat 42nd-ranked Zieba and Sam Shropshire.
• The Boilermakers are 14-11 overall and 2-4 in the Big Ten.
• Purdue is 10-1 at home this season.
• Greg Madarasz is the only nationally ranked singles player on Purdue at No. 95.
• The Hawkeyes lead the all-time series, 40-33.
• Last season, the then-ranked No. 59 Boilermakers defeated Iowa in Iowa City, 4-1.
• The Hoosiers are 11-10 on the season and 2-5 in conference play.
• Indiana is 8-5 in home matches.
• Last weekend, the team lost to No. 2 Ohio State and Penn State.
• Keivon Tabrizi and Raheel Manji are ranked No. 69 nationally as a doubles pair.
• Indiana leads the all-time series, 54-19.
• The Bulldogs and the Hawkeyes are meeting for just the fourth time in program history.
• Iowa leads the all-time series, 3-0.
• Butler is 14-4 overall and 9-1 on it’s home court.
FOLLOW THE HAWKEYES
Fans can follow the Hawkeyes all season long and receive live match updates on Facebook (facebook.com/IowaMensTennis) or on Twitter (@IowaMensTennis). Fans can also get a behind the scene look on Instagram (iowamenstennis).