The University of Iowa women’s gymnastics team hosts the Minnesota Gophers on Saturday, Jan. 19, at 4 p.m. (CT) inside Carver-Hawkeye Arena.
- Follow Saturday’s meet against Minnesota on live stats or through the live stream via Hawkeye All-Access (Subscription required).
- Live stats links throughout the season can be found on hawkeyesports.com/wgymlive.
- The GymHawks meet vs. Minnesota is Camper Reunion and Pink Night. Fans are encourage to wear pink.
- The Kids Zone will be available for young Hawkeye fans prior to the meet and will include a poster making station, arts and crafts, the balance beam, and a special guest each week.
- A few lucky fans will be selected for the “Best Seat in the House” with floor seats.
- The Golden Gophers are 25th in the most recent (1/14) roadtonationals.com national poll.
- Minnesota is 4-2 on the season and 0-0 in conference.
- Sophomore Lexy Ramler won the all-around competition with a score of 39.475 in the 2019 Best of Minnesota Meet on Jan. 12.
- The Golden Gophers are led by head coach Jenny Hansen, who is in her fourth season.
GYMHAWKS GO 1-1 ON THE WEEKEND
- The GymHawks competed in their 2019 home opener vs. SEMO.
- Iowa won the meet 194.700-180.925.
- Iowa’s 194.700 was a season-high team score.
- Iowa set nine career-highs, eight of which were by freshmen.
- The GymHawks also competed at New Hampshire and fell to the Wildcats 193.950-193.500.
- Killian and Gilchrist both had career highs on beam with scores of 9.825
- Iowa ranks 24th in the nation on beam in the recent (1/14) roadtonationals.com poll.
- Freshman, Bridget Killian has career-highs of 9.775, 9.775 and 9.825.
- Head Coach Larissa Libby is entering her 15th season as head coach and 19th year overall.
- In 2018, Libby led the GymHawks to their 18th NCAA appearance with a No.33 national ranking and a 13-win season.
- Libby coached Charlotte Sullivan to being named on the All-Championship team.
- During the regular season Libby coached three GymHawks–Lanie Snyder, Nikki Youd, and Nicole Chow– to second team All-Big Ten honors.
- Libby takes pride in her GymHawks outside the gym as well. In 2018, a record 11 gymnasts received Academic All-Big Ten honors.
- Season tickets are available at hawkeyesports.com/tickets, by calling 1-800-IA-HAWKS, or at the UI Athletics Ticket Office at the north entrance of Carver-Hawkeye Arena.
- Season tickets are $40 and all seating is general admission. Youth ages 18 and under and UI students receive free admission to all regular season home meets.
- Season ticket holders gain admission to five home meets at Carver-Hawkeye Arena against Southeast Missouri State, Minnesota, Rutgers, Illinois, and Iowa State.
- Season ticket holders receive early entrance (1.5 hours prior to the start of competition at the west entrance) to all home meets, ensuring access to the Kids Zone, limited edition posters, and other promotions.
CHOW, SULLIVAN NAMED T0 B1G WATCH LIST
- Senior Nicole Chow and junior Charlotte Sullivan were named to the 2019 Big Ten Women’s Gymnasts to Watch List.
- Chow enters her senior season after being named second team All-Big Ten in the 2018 season. She earned four beam titles and one all-around title. Chow competed in every meet last season and saw all-around action in nine of Iowa’s 12 meets. At the Big Ten Championships, Chow set career-highs on vault (9.850) and all around (39.325), placing fourth and sixth, respectively.
- Sullivan, a returning junior, competed in the all-around in every meet during the 2018 season. She was named to the All-Championship team at the Big Ten Championships. She placed third on vault with a career-high (9.875) and placed eighth in the all-around (39.275).
FOLLOW THE HAWKEYES
For an inside look at the Iowa gymnastics program and access to exclusive coverage, “like” Iowa Women’s Gymnastics on Facebook and follow @IowaGymnastics on Twitter, and Instagram.
The GymHawks will have posters, magnets, and schedule cards available for free at all meets throughout the season.
Parking is FREE for the home meets. Fans are encouraged to park in Lot 46, the parking lot connected to Carver-Hawkeye Arena.
The GymHawks host Rutgers on Saturday, Jan. 26 at 4 p.m. (CT) for Larissa Libby/Club Night. Anybody under 5’2” will receive free admission.