The University of Iowa women’s gymnastics team travels to Ann Arbor, Mich., this weekend to take on the No. 10 Wolverines on Sunday at 1 p.m. (CT).
- Follow Sunday’s meet against Michigan via live stream. Links are available on the women’s gymnastics schedule page on hawkeyesports.com.
- Live stats links throughout the season can be found on hawkeyesports.com/wgymlive.
- Michigan is ranked 10th in the latest Road to Nationals Poll (2/4).
- The Wolverines are 7-2 on the season and 3-0 in conference.
- The No. 10 Wolverines beat the No. 13 Huskers, 196.500-195.700, on Sunday, Feb. 3.
- Senior Olivia Karas contributed a 9.950 on floor.
- The Wolverines are led by Bev Plocki, who is in her 30th season as head coach at Michigan.
- Plocki has led the Wolverines to 23 NCAA appearances and 23 Big Ten Championships.
GYMHAWKS EARN SEASON-HIGH ON VAULT AND FLOOR
- The GymHawks earned a season-high team score on vault (48.625) and floor (49.125) vs. No. 15 Buckeyes on Saturday, Feb. 2.
- Freshmen Bridget Killian (9.800) and Lauren Guerin (9.725) both contributed career highs on vault.
- Also on vault, junior Charlotte Sullivan (9.725), seniors Misty-Jade Carlson (9.775) and Nicole Chow (9.600) all contributed season bests.
- Two freshmen contributed career highs on floor Allie Gilchrist (9.750) and Killian (9.875).
- Juniors Charlotte Sullivan (9.775) and Clair Kaji (9.875) both contributed season bests on floor as well.
- Senior Misty-Jade Carlson scored a career high on beam of 9.850.
- Iowa earned a season high team score of 194.775 vs. No. 15 Ohio State.
- The GymHawks are ranked 31st in the country on beam, according to the latest Road to Nationals Poll (2/2).
- Iowa is ranked 36th on bars according to the most recent Road to Nationals Poll (2/2).
- The GymHawks defeated Rutgers on Jan. 26, 194.575-191.625.
- Freshman Lauren Guerin won floor against Rutgers with a 9.875.
- Freshman Bridget Killian won two events against Rutgers – beam (9.725) and vault (9.750).
- Senior Nicole Chow won bars against Rutgers with a score of 9.900
- The GymHawks beat SEMO in their home opener Jan. 11, 194.700-180.925.
- Head Coach Larissa Libby is entering her 15th season as head coach and 19th year overall.
- In 2018, Libby led the GymHawks to their 18th NCAA appearance with a No.33 national ranking and a 13-win season.
- Libby coached Charlotte Sullivan to being named on the All-Championship team.
- During the regular season Libby coached three GymHawks–Lanie Snyder, Nikki Youd, and Nicole Chow– to second team All-Big Ten honors.
- Libby takes pride in her GymHawks outside the gym as well. In 2018, a record 11 gymnasts received Academic All-Big Ten honors.
CHOW, SULLIVAN NAMED T0 B1G WATCH LIST
- Senior Nicole Chow and junior Charlotte Sullivan were named to the 2019 Big Ten Women’s Gymnasts to Watch List.
- Chow enters her senior season after being named second team All-Big Ten in the 2018 season. She earned four beam titles and one all-around title. Chow competed in every meet last season and saw all-around action in nine of Iowa’s 12 meets. At the Big Ten Championships, Chow set career-highs on vault (9.850) and all around (39.325), placing fourth and sixth, respectively.
- Sullivan, a returning junior, competed in the all-around in every meet during the 2018 season. She was named to the All-Championship team at the Big Ten Championships. She placed third on vault with a career-high (9.875) and placed eighth in the all-around (39.275).
FOLLOW THE HAWKEYES
For an inside look at the Iowa gymnastics program and access to exclusive coverage, “like” Iowa Women’s Gymnastics on Facebook and follow @IowaGymnastics on Twitter, and Instagram.
The GymHawks will have posters, magnets, and schedule cards available for free at all meets throughout the season.
Parking is FREE for the home meets. Fans are encouraged to park in Lot 46, the parking lot connected to Carver-Hawkeye Arena.
- The GymHawks host Illinois on Saturday, Feb. 16, at 6 p.m. (CT) in Iowa City, Iowa, inside Carver-Hawkeye Arena for princess-superhero night.
- This meet will air live on the Big Ten Network.
- Live results will be available hawkeyesports.com/wgymlive.
- Fans can follow along on Instagram, @IowaGymnastics, and on Twitter, @IowaGymnastics, for live updates.