IOWA CITY, Iowa — The University of Iowa men’s golf program and head coach Tyler Stith announced on Wednesday the addition of Charles Jahn, a graduate transfer from Bradley. He will join the team in the fall of 2020.
“We are excited to welcome Charles to the program,” Stith said. “He will add experience, talent, and maturity to our squad. Charles comes from a Hawkeye family, so he understands our culture and what it means to wear the Black and Gold.”
Mediapolis High School
- Led Bradley with a 73.07 18-hole stroke average his junior season (2018-19), which was the third-best in Bradley history
- Owns the fourth-best 18-hole scoring average in Bradley history
- Fired an 18-hole career-best 68 at the 2019 Ryman Hospitality Intercollegiate to tie for third
- Finished a team-best eighth at the 2019 Missouri Valley Conference Championship as a junior
- Played in 46 career rounds at Bradley, averaging 74.3 strokes per round, with three top-10 finishes and six top-20 finishes
- Finished third in the 2019 Iowa Amateur Championship
- Tied for second in the 2019 Herman Sani Tournament after losing in a four-way playoff
- Qualified for the 2019 U.S. Open Sectionals
- Finished fifth in the 2019 Iowa Player of the Year standings
- Will graduate in May 2020 from Bradley with a degree in mechanical engineering
- Plans to pursue masters in sport and recreation management or masters of finance at the University of Iowa
- Son of B.J. and Kenda Jahn and has younger sibling Ruthie
Iowa’s spring season begins Feb. 7-8 in Palm Coast, Florida, at the Big Ten Match Play Championship.