• The University of Iowa men’s gymnastics team opens its home slate against Minnesota and UIC on Feb. 1 at Carver-Hawkeye Arena at 1 p.m. (CT).
• Fans can follow online through live streaming and live stats. A link to both will be available on the Iowa men’s gymnastics schedule page at hawkeyesports.com.
• Fans can also follow along on Instagram (@iowamgym) and with live updates on Twitter (@mensgymiowa) and Facebook (iowamensgymnastics).
• No. 10 Minnesota opened the 2020 season with at the Rocky Mountain Open where the team placed third with a score of 391.250.
• The Gophers attended the Windy City Invitational and placed third.
• Minnesota ranks in the top ten for three events. The Gophers are third on parallel bars (67.450), fifth on rings (66.200), eighth on vault (70.017).
• No. 19 UIC had a team score of 339.000 against No. 8 Illinois and finished fifth place (358.650) at the Windy City Invitational.
LAST TIME AGAINST MINNESOTA AND UIC
• Iowa last competed against Minnesota and UIC on Feb. 2, 2019.
• The Gophers won the meet with a team score of 406.400. The Hawkeyes scored 401.600 for second place, followed by UIC with a score of 355.750.
• The Hawkeyes traveled to Lincoln, Neb., on Jan. 26 to face the Huskers.
• Nebraska won the meet with a score of 409.850. Iowa garnered a final score of 406.950.
• Sophomore Evan Davis crushed four career-best scores on the floor (14.400), rings (13.500), parallel bars (13.650) and high bar (13.750).
• Senior Mitch Mandozzi won the vault event and also had a career-high score of 14.600.
• Senior Brandon Wong won on rings with a score of 13.800.
• The Hawkeyes opened the 2020 season at the Windy City Invite and
placed fourth with a team score of 393.100.
• Carter Tope and Bennet Huang competed in the all-around. Tope, an Iowa native, scored a 75.550.
• Huang earned an all-around score of 80.400.
• Freshmen Amari Sewell and Reuven Anderson made their debuts for the Hawkeyes.
• Sewell scored 11.100 on pommel horse and Anderson scored 12.950 on rings.
• The Hawkeyes travel to Norman, Okla. to compete against top-ranked Oklahoma Feb. 8 at 5 p.m. (CT).