IOWA CITY, Iowa — The University of Iowa women’s golf team travels to Tucson, Arizona, to compete at the Wildcat Invitational at Sewailo Golf Club on March 8-9.
- Monday, March 8 — Round one and two — 9:30 a.m. (CT).
- Tuesday, March 9 — Round three — 9 a.m. (CT).
- Live scoring for the 2021 Wildcat Invitational will provide through GolfStat.
- The field includes 16 teams — Arizona, Colorado, Denver, Iowa, Iowa State, Long Beach State, NAU, Nebraska, New Mexico, New Mexico State, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Oregon State, Texas, UNLV, and USC
- The Hawkeye lineup will include sophomores Lea Zeitler, Morgan Goldstein, and Jacque Galloway, freshman Klara Wildhaber, and senior Brett Permann.
- Sewailo Golf Club in Tucson, Arizona, is designed with a rolling natural terrain featuring arroyos and streams with elevation changes, and natural hazards.
- Seweilo Golf Club was named No. 13 for top courses to play in Arizona by GOLFWEEK, and No. 12 by Golf Advisor in 2019.
HAWKEYE IN THE RECORD BOOKS
- Sophomore Lea Zeitler recorded a career-best 18-hole score of 66 (-6) at the UNLV Rebel Beach Invitational in Las Vegas on Feb. 15-16. Zeitler’s 66 places her first all-time for lowest individual round in Iowa Women’s Golf history.
- Zeitler placed second in the UNLV Rebel Beach Invite after shooting an even par, 54-hole-score of 216. That tournament score ties for 10th on the top-15 individual performance list in the Iowa record books.
B1G GOLFER OF THE WEEK
- Sophomore Lea Zeitler was named the Big Ten Women’s Golfer of the week, carding a career-best 18-hole score of 66 (-6) at the UNLV Rebel Beach Invitational in Las Vegas on Feb. 15-16.
- The Golfer of the Week award is the third of Zeitler’s career, earning two during her freshman year.
- The Mieming Tyrol, Austria, native placed second in the tournament with a 54-hole score of 216 (E) and etching her name in the Iowa record books, tying for 10th on the top-15 individual performance list. Zeitler carded 30 pars and 13 birdies over three rounds.
TOP 5 FINISHES
- Lea Zeitler’s second place finish (E) wasn’t the only top five finish for the Hawkeyes in Vegas.
- Freshman Klara Wildhaber finished T5 with a 219 (+3) three-round total.
- The team took fourth overall (895, +31), and their second round score of 284 was the lowest team score for a single round during the event.
ON THE HORIZON
The Iowa women’s golf team heads to St. George, Utah to compete at the BYU Spring Classic on March 15-16.