The University of Iowa women’s golf team travels to Hurricane, Utah, to compete in the 2021 BYU Spring Classic at Sand Hallow Golf Course on March 15-16.
Monday, March 15 — Round one and two — 9:15 a.m. (CT).
Tuesday, March 16 — Round three — 9:15 a.m. (CT).
Live scoring for the 2021 BYU Spring Classic will be available via Golfstat. Link available on the women’s golf schedule on hawkeyesports.com.
The field includes 14 teams — Texas Tech, BYU, Iowa, Northern Illinois, Boise State, San Francisco, Nevada, Oral Roberts, Weber State, Wyoming, Utah Valley, North Dakota State, Southern Utah, and Dixie State.
- The Hawkeye lineup will include freshman Klara Wildhaber, sophomores Jacque Galloway and Morgan Goldstein, senior Brett Permann, and junior Manuela Lizarazu.
- Two individuals will compete in the tournament, including junior Dana Lerner and redshirt senior Sarah Overton
- The Championship Course at Sand Hallow has been ranked the #1 “Best Course You Can Play” in Utah since 2009.
- Southern Utah’s incredible views and engulfing vistas surround the course’s red rock outcroppings, natural vegetation, indigenous sand bunkers, and rolling fairways. The course also features dramatic elevation changes extending across a towering ridgeline.
- Klara Wildhaber, the freshman from Switzerland, has competed in every tournament this season, and has finished first or second for Iowa in all three.
- Wildhaber led the Hawkeyes with the highest individual finish for the team in Tucson last week. She shot a season low, 18-hole, 72 (E) for the fourth time this year.
- Her 52-hole tourament average of 221.3 strokes leads the team.
- Sophomore Lea Zeitler was named one of four February’s Student-Athletes of the Month by the University of Iowa’s Student-Athlete Academic Services.
- The honor was given after Zeitler’s second-place performance at the Rebel Beach Intercollegiate, earning her Big Ten women’s Golfer of the Week.
ON THE HORIZON
The Iowa women’s golf team travels to Chattanooga, Tennessee, to compete in the Chattanooga Classic on March 29-30.