The University of Iowa women’s golf team travels to Chattanooga, Tennessee, to compete in the Chattanooga Classic at Black Creek Club on March 29-30.
- Monday, March 29: Rounds one and two — 8 a.m. (CT).
- Tuesday, March 30: Round three — 7 a.m. (CT).
- Live scoring for the 2021 Chattanooga Classic will be provided through Golfstat.
- The field includes 14 teams — Chattanooga, UAB, Austin Peay, Colorado State, ETSU, Georgia Southern, Iowa, James Madison, Marshall, Middle Tennessee, Murray State, Samford, Toledo, and Western Kentucky
- The Hawkeye lineup will include freshman Klara Wildhaber, sophomores Jacque Galloway, Morgan Goldstein and Lea Zeitler, and junior Manuela Lizarazu.
- Opened in 2000, Brian Silva designed Black Creek Club. It hosted the Chattanooga Classic on the Korn Ferry Tour from 2003-11.
- Black Creek Club was ranked Top 100 Best Residential Golf Course in the United States by Golfweek.
WEST COAST HEAT
- Iowa closed its West Coast portion of the season with a second place finish at the BYU Spring Classic. The final round was canceled due to inclement weather.
- The Hawkeyes had three golfers finish in the top ten at Sand Hallow: Jacque Galloway – 2nd (142, -2); Klara Wildhaber – T-6th (146, +2); and Morgan Goldstein – T-9th (147, +3).
- All three women shot 36-hole career lows, and Galloway’s second place individual finish was a career best.
IOWA RECORD BOOKS
- The Hawkeyes round-one team total of 288 at the BYU Spring Classic placed them in a tie for eighth on the list for lowest 18-hole team performance.
- The 36-hole team total of 584 puts them tied for fifth in Iowa history.
- Jacque Galloway’s 36-hole 142 places her in a tie for fifth for lowest 36-hole performance in Iowa history.
ON THE HORIZON
The Iowa women’s golf team will travel to Bloomington, Indiana, to compete in the Indiana Spring Invitational on April 17-18.