The University of Iowa women’s golf team heads to Cincinnati, Ohio, to compete in the 2021 Big Ten Championships at TPC River’s Bend from April 23-25.
- Friday, April 23: Round one — 7:30 a.m. (CT).
- Saturday, April 24: Round two — 7:30 a.m. (CT).
- Sunday, April 25: Round three — 7:00 a.m. (CT).
- Live scoring for the 2021 Big Ten Championships will be provided through GolfStat.
- The field includes 13 Big Ten programs — Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern, Penn State, Purdue, Rutgers, and Wisconsin. Ohio State is not competing at the Championships.
LINEUP (Play 6 Count 4 Format)
- The Hawkeye lineup will include freshman Klara Wildhaber, sophomores Jacque Galloway, Morgan Goldstein, and Lea Zeitler, and juniors Dana Lerner and Manuela Lizarazu.
- TPC River’s Bend, since it opened in 2001, has been named Ohio’s “Best Courses in State” by Golf Digest 10 times.
- It was designed by Arnold Palmer and has hosted tournaments for the Web.com Tour, LPGA Tour, PGA Tour Champions, and the Junior PGA Championship.
AT THE BIG TENS
The Hawkeyes finished 14th at the 2019 Big Ten Championships, an event that was shortened to 36 holes because of weather. Iowa finished with a 612 total.
- Iowa’s best finish under head coach Megan Menzel has been ninth place in 2013, 2014 and 2016.
- The program won its only Big Ten title in 1991.
- The Hawkeyes are looking to bounce back after their second highest team score of the year last week at the Indiana Invitational (917).
- The last time Iowa scored above 917 in a tournament (Wildcat Invitational, 927, March 8-9), the Hawkeyes backed that up with their best golf of the year, including three straight top-two finishes.
- Freshman Klara Wildhaber returns to the Iowa lineup after sitting out last week with an injured wrist. Wildhaber brings with her four top-10 finishes in her last five tournament (including three straight) and a 73.9 scoring average.
- The Hawkeyes have continued to show their depth this season with Galloway (1), Goldstein (2), Wildhaber (3), and Zeitler (2) all having led the Hawkeyes with the lowest individual score for the team in different tournaments this season.
- The Hawkeyes posted the third and ninth-best rounds in program history, scoring 285 (-3) in the Chattanooga Classic second round and 288 (-4) in the BYU Classic first round, respectively.
- Sophomore Lea Zeitler broke the 18-hole record with a 66 (-6) round at the UNLV Rebel Beach Invitational (Feb. 17).
- Freshman Klara Wildhaber and sophomore Morgan Goldstein hold the 15th-best round in program history after they both shot a 69 (-3) in the second round of the Chattanooga Classic (March 29).