IOWA CITY, Iowa – The University of Iowa women’s gymnastics team will host four home duals inside Carver-Hawkeye Arena during the 2022 season.
- The Hawkeyes will compete in six duals against opponents that advanced to NCAA Regionals last season. Iowa will face Eastern Michigan (Jan. 8), at Georgia (Jan. 17), Penn State (Feb. 4), at Minnesota (Feb. 25), at Iowa State (March 4) and at California (March 13). Cal and Minnesota advanced to the NCAA Championships.
- Iowa will compete in duals against opponents from the SEC (Georgia, Feb. 14), Pac-12 (California (March 13), and Big 12 (Iowa State, March 4) this season. The dual against the Cyclones is an Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk Series event.
- Three of Iowa’s four home duals will take place in January. Iowa hosts Lindenwood/Eastern Michigan on Jan. 8 in the season opener before facing Texas Woman’s University (Jan. 14), Nebraska (Jan. 29) and Penn State (Feb. 4).
- The Hawkeyes will compete at the Big Five Meet in Toledo, Ohio, on Feb. 18 along with Michigan, Ohio State, Illinois and Maryland.
- Iowa’s Feb. 25 dual at Minnesota will be televised live on BTN.
- The Hawkeyes will travel to Columbus, Ohio, for the Big Ten Championships on March 19. The championships will be televised live on BTN.
The Hawkeyes return 15 letterwinners, including All-Big Ten selections Clair Kaji, Lauren Guerin, JerQuavia Henderson and Adeline Kenlin, from a team that claimed the Big Ten regular season title. Guerin, Henderson and Kenlin were also WGCA All-Americans last season. Iowa also added six newcomers to the roster, including Michigan State transfer Linda Zivat and Towson transfer Allison Zuhlke.