IOWA CITY, Iowa – The University of Iowa women’s tennis team fell to No. 52 Nebraska, 4-0, on Saturday at the Sid and Hazel Dillon Tennis Center.
Nebraska (13-9, 6-4) marked the 11th ranked opponent Iowa (6-16, 2-9) faced this year.
The Huskers clinched the doubles point with victories on courts two and three. They also came out taking singles wins on courts five, six, and one to secure the win.
Barbora Pokorna and Samantha Mannix each won the first set in their respective singles matches on courts two and three, respectively, before play was called in the second set due to Nebraska clinching the match.
The University of Iowa will host the 2022 Big Ten Championship Tournament Wednesday, April 27 through Sunday, May 1 at the Hawkeye Tennis & Recreation Complex in Iowa City. Admission is free to the public.
#52 Nebraska 4, Iowa 0
1. Kristina Novak (NEB) def. Marisa Schmidt (UI): 7-6, 6-2
2. Isabel A. Gallego (NEB) vs. Barbora Pokorna (UI): 6-7, 5-4, unfinished
3. Maja Makoric (NEB) vs. Samantha Mannix (UI): 5-7, 5-3, unfinished
4. Samantha Alicea (NEB) vs. Vipasha Mehra (UI): 7-5, 3-2, unfinished
5. Chloe Kuckelman (NEB) def. Samantha Gillas (UI): 6-0, 6-4
6. Ellie Kuckelman (NEB) def. Michelle Bacalla (UI): 6-0, 7-5
1. Makoric/Novak (NEB) vs. Mannix/Gillas (UI): 5-4
2. Gallego/ Kukelman (NEB) def. Schmidt/Mehra (UI): 6-0
3. Kuckelman/Alicea (NEB) def. Bacalla/Pokorna (UI): 6-4
Order of Finish: Doubles (2,3); Singles (5,6,1)