The No. 25 ranked University of Iowa women’s gymnastics team travels to the NCAA Norman Regional at Lloyd Noble Center on the campus of The University of Oklahoma this Thursday. Iowa will compete in the second session against No. 8 Alabama, No. 9 Kentucky, and No. 22 Illinois at 2:00 p.m. (CT) and fans can purchase tickets online at soonersports.com
• Fans can follow along via live results at hawkeyesports.com or via Twitter (@IowaGymnastics).
• Fans can watch live on ESPN+.
• The Hawkeyes are ranked 25th nationally after scoring 196.125 in the Big Ten Championships on March 18. Iowa is one of eight Big Ten teams in the Top 25.
• Iowa is ranked in the Top 25 in two events as a team: Tied for 17th on floor (49.325 Avg.), No. 18 on vault (49.177 Avg.).
• Two Hawkeyes are ranked individually in the Top 25: JerQuavia Henderson is tied for 12th nationally on floor with an average score of 9.930, and Adeline Kenlin is tied for 23rd on beam with an average score of 9.800.
• Six GymHawks are individually ranked in the top-30 in the Big Ten Conference. JerQuavia Henderson is second on floor, tied for 19th on vault, and tied for 19th on beam. Adeline Kenlin is fourth on beam and tied for 16th on floor. Linda Zivat is tied for 11th on vault and 30th on floor. On vault, Allison Zuhlke is 26th. Karina Muñoz is tied for for 23rd on beam and Aubrey Nick is tied for 20th on beam.
• The Hawkeyes are ranked third overall in the Big Ten Conference with a, 6-2-1, record.
LAST TIME OUT…
• Iowa finished fourth in session two and eighth overall after scoring a 196.125 in the Big Ten Championships on March 18, finishing in front of Maryland who scored 195.900 and Rutgers who scored 195.125.
• JerQuavia Henderson shared the Big Ten Championship floor title after scoring a 9.950 to earn her second Big Ten Floor Champion title in her career.
• Adeline Kenlin earned Big Ten Championship Runner-Up after scoring a 9.950 on beam.
• Four gymnasts tied or set new career-highs scoring a season-high team score on bars, finishing with a 49.300.
• Iowa posted a 49.250 with four Hawkeyes scoring above a 9.800 in floor.
• Henderson finished fifth overall after posting a career-high 39.500 in all around.
• Four gymnasts score a 9.800 or higher on vault to finish with a team score of 49.100.
23 & COUNTING
Head coach Larissa Libby has led the GymHawks to 23 straight NCAA Regional appearances (either as a team or individually). The 2023 season is Libby’s 19th as Iowa’s head coach and 22nd overall with the program. She is a three-time Big Ten Coach of the Year.
HENDERSON NAMED WCGA ALL-AMERICAN
• Senior JerQuavia Henderson was named a Women’s Collegiate Gymnastics Association second-team All-American on floor.
• Henderson becomes the third Hawkeye in the record books to earn three All-America distinctions, joining Alexis Maday (2002-04) and Lauren Guerin (2020-2022). She was a second-team selection in 2021 and 2022.
• Henderson’s second-team honors came after posting a 9.945 NQS on floor. The Peoria, Illinois, native has scored 9.900 or higher in nine competitions this season. She tied the school record, posting two 9.975s during the regular season and finished with a 9.950 at the Big Ten Championships to share the event title.
HENDERSON AND KENLIN NAMED TO ALL-BIG TEN TEAMS
• Senior JerQuavia Henderson and junior Adeline Kenlin were named to the 2023 Big Ten Women’s Gymnastics All-Big Ten Teams. Henderson earned first-team honors and Kenlin earned second-team honors.
• Henderson was named first team for a third straight season. The Peoria, Illinois, native earned the distinction after winning 12 event titles and tallying 20 top-three finishes during the regular season. She tied her own school record on floor, posting a 9.975 over Minnesota, and has scored a 9.925 or higher seven times in the event. Henderson, who was named Big Ten Gymnast of the Week on Feb. 8 and 21, has a national qualifying standard (NQS) of 9.940 on floor. She is ranked second in the Big Ten and tied 12th nationally on floor, tied for 17th on vault and tied for 18th on balance beam in the league.
• Kenlin was named second team, earning her third straight All-Big Ten honor. The Iowa City, Iowa, native has five event titles and 15 top-three finishes this season. Kenlin has a NQS of 9.910 on beam and is tied for third in the Big Ten and tied for 29th nationally on the event. She has posted a 9.950 twice on beam, which is second-best in school history as well as ties for best in school-history with a 9.975.
MUÑOZ EARNS CO-FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
• Karina Muñoz has been named the Big Ten’s Co-Freshman of the week. The honor is Muñoz’s first of the season and her career.
• The New Jersey Native earned the distinction after scoring three 9.900 to set career highs on floor, bars, and vault to earn her second vault title and first bar title as well as finished second overall on floor against No. 22 Southern Utah and San Jose State on March 10.
• The freshman is one of two Hawkeyes who has competed in the all-around event this season and has finished in the top-three both times. She has captured five event titles and finished in the top-three 12 times.
HENDERSON EARNS EVENT SPECIALIST OF THE WEEK FOR SECOND TIME
• Senior JerQuavia Henderson earned Big Ten Event Specialist of the Week on Feb. 20, after performing the first Yurchenko 1.5 by a Hawkeye gymnast on vault to tie her career-high score of 9.925 and place first against Rutgers on Feb. 18.
• Henderson scored her second 9.925 of the day on floor to capture her fourth floor title and added a 9.825 on beam for sixth place.
• The honor is Henderson’s second of the season and the third of her career.
• This marked her third 9.900 or higher on vault She is ranked sixth overall in the conference with an average score of 9.875.
HENDERSON NAMED BIG CO-EVENT SPECIALIST OF THE WEEK
• Senior JerQuavia Henderson earned Big Ten Co-Event Specialist of the Week on Feb. 8. The Peoria, Illinois native earned the distinction after scoring her second 9.925 of the season on floor to take first place overall against Nebraska on Feb. 6.
• Henderson tied for first place on vault after scoring a 9.850 and tied for fourth place overall on beam after scoring a 9.875.
• The honor is Henderson’s first of the season and the second of her career.
• This marked her third 9.900 or higher on floor. She is ranked fifth overall in the conference and tied for 17th nationally on the event with an average score of 9.913.
ZITAT EARNS BIG TEN TRI-SPECIALIST OF THE WEEK
Senior Linda Zivat was named the Big Ten Tri-specialist of the Week on February 1. The Manhattan, Illinois native earned the distinction after posting a 9.975 on vault to earn a new career-high and take first place against No. 18 Minnesota on Jan. 27. The score is tied for the second-best in program history.
• The honor is Zivat’s first of the season and the first of her career.
• This marked her third 9.900 or higher on vault. She is ranked third overall in the conference and tied for ninth nationally on the event with an average score of 9.913.
KENLIN NAMED TRI-BIG TEN GYMNAST OF THE WEEK
Junior Adeline Kenlin was named the Big Ten Gymnast of the Week on January 24. The Iowa City, Iowa, native earned the distinction after posting at least a 9.850 or higher on each of her three events when competing in Columbus, Ohio, against No. 10 Ohio State on Sunday.
• The honor is Kenlin’s first of the season and the fifth of her career. She is the first Hawkeye to be named Gymnast of the Week since 2017 (Melissa Zurawski).
• The junior earned a career-high 9.925 on floor, earning second place. This marks her third straight week going 9.900 or higher on the event. She ranks sixth in the conference and 17th nationally on the event with an average score of 9.908.
• Kenlin was a four-time Freshman of the Week selection in 2021.
IN THE RECORD BOOKS
Six Hawkeyes are in the Iowa record books. They are as follows:
• JerQuavia Henderson – t1st – 9.975 – Floor
• Adeline Kenlin -t1st- 9.975- Beam
• JerQuavia Henderson – t4th – 9.950 – Floor
• JerQuavia Henderson – t6th – 9.925 – Uneven Bars
• Marissa Rojas – t8 – 9.925 – Beam
• Aubrey Nick – t10 – 9.900 – Beam
• Linda Zivat – t3th – 9.975 – Vault
• Linda Zivat – t9th – 9.925 – Vault
• JerQuavia Henderson -t9th- 9.925- Vault
• Adeline Kenlin – t15th – 9.900 – Uneven Bars
• Kendall LaPlante- t15th – 9.900 – Uneven Bars
• Adeline Kenlin – t17 – 39.500 – All-Around
FOLLOW THE HAWKEYES
For a behind-the-scenes look at the program, follow the GymHawks via social media at Facebook/IowaGymnastics, Twitter/@IowaGymnastics, and Instagram (@IowaGymnastics).