|OPPONENT||Quincy at Iowa (Exh.)|
|DATE||Monday, Oct. 30|
|LOCATION||Iowa City, Iowa | Carver-Hawkeye Arena (14,998)|
|KICKOFF||7:01 p.m. (CT)|
|RADIO||Hawkeye Radio Network|
- Head coach Fran McCaffery is 11 wins from becoming the winningest coach in Iowa basketball history. Tom Davis has 271 victories as Iowa’s head coach.
- The Hawkeyes return two starters and eight letterwinners from a team that won 19 games, finished fifth in the Big Ten standings and advanced to its fourth straight NCAA Tournament.
- Iowa added eight newcomers to the roster, including Valparaiso transfer Ben Krikke and Belmont transfer Even Brauns.
- Seniors Patrick McCaffery (46) and Tony Perkins (47) have combined to start 93 games (and play in 184 games) in their collegiate careers. Perkins is Iowa’s top returning scorer at 12.3 points per game.
- Mr. Basketball x 2. Two of Iowa’s incoming freshmen — Brock Harding and Pryce Sandfort — were named Mr. Basketball in their home states. Harding earned the distinction in Illinois; Sandfort in Iowa.
- Senior Tony Perkins is a preseason second-team All-Big Ten selection by THE ALMANAC, while junior Payton Sandfort is ranked as the 89th-best player nationally by the publication. Sandfort is also on the Julius Erving Award Preseason Watch List.
- Iowa is one of 10 teams in the country to make the last four NCAA Tournaments and one of only three Big Ten teams to accomplish the feat (Purdue, Michigan State).
- The Hawkeyes have placed fifth or better in the Big Ten standings in five straight and 10 of the last 11 years.
- Iowa has won 10 or more Big Ten games in eight of the last nine seasons.
- The Hawkeyes led the Big Ten and was 18th nationally in scoring offense (80.1). The Hawkeyes have led the league in scoring in seven of the last 11 seasons, including six straight years.
- Iowa has five native Iowans on the roster, two players from Illinois and New York and one player from Texas, Massachusetts, Indiana, New Jersey, Nebraska, Michigan and Canada.
By the Numbers
Valparaiso transfer Ben Krikke led the MVC in scoring at 19.4 points per game in 2022-23.
The Hawkeyes averaged 127 points per game during its foreign trip with victories over Paris, Valencia and Barcelona this summer.
The Hawkeyes have eight new faces on the 2023-24 roster.
The Hawkeyes averaged 80.1 points in 2022-23. Iowa has led the league in scoring in seven of the last 11 seasons.
1 (of 20)
Junior Payton Sandfort is one of 20 players named to the Julius Erving Award Preseason Watch List.
Senior Tony Perkins is Iowa's top returning scorer, averaging 12.3 points in 2022-23.
McCAFFERY APPROACHES RECORD
Head coach Fran McCaffery, who is entering his 28th season as a head coach and 14th at Iowa, needs 11 victories to becoming the winningest coach in program history. (Tom Davis has 271 victories.)
With his next Big Ten Conference win, McCaffery will also pass Davis for the most Big Ten victories in program history.
Hawks vs. Hawkeyes
This is the first meeting between Iowa and Quincy.