Oct. 21, 2007
BOSTON, MA –
The Hawkeyes headed into day two of the Head of the Charles after finishing sixth in the women’s club eights yesterday. The Iowa Rowing team competed in the women’s championship eights during day two of the competition.
Out of 39 entries, the Hawkeyes finished 22nd, behind Duke University, with a final time of 17:19.091. US Rowing Princeton Training Center took first place with a time of 15:26.572. In the boat for the Hawkeyes was junior coxswain Sheila Shedden, junior Laura Kanaris, junior Kristin Kelly, junior Hannah Miller, sophomore Romy Post, sophomore Emily Katalinich, junior Katelyn Davy-Traynor, sophomore Annette Allard, and senior Brittany Keyes.
“After putting together a better race than the Head of the Rock we came up short of our placement goals,” said Hawkeye Head Coach Mandi Kowal. “It will be important for us to continue focusing on improving each and every day as we head into the next race and get ready for winter training.”
The Hawkeyes will return to action on October 28th when they host their annual Head of the Iowa Regatta on the Iowa River in Iowa City, IA.
WOMEN’S CHAMPIONSHIP EIGHTS
(Top Ten plus Iowa)
1. US Rowing Princeton Training Center 15:26.572
2. London Training Center 15:39.412
3. University of Michigan 16:21.651
4. Yale University 16:22.225
5. Princeton University 16:24.472
6. University of Tennessee 16:26.994
7. Brown University 16:27.500
8. Stanford University 16:37.640
9. Radcliffe Crew 16:38.044
10. University of Louisville 16:38.073
22. University of Iowa 17:19.091
Click HERE for the Big Ten Network home page.