March 13, 2008
- Michigan now leads the all-time series between the two schools, 81-55
- Michigan is now 3-0 all-time vs. Iowa at the Big Ten Tournament.
- This year marks just the second time in school history that the Hawkeyes have failed to make it to at least thequarterfinals of the Big Ten Tournament. The other time was 2003.
- The loss breaks a four-game winning streak for the Hawkeyes at Conseco Fieldhouse. Iowa is now 7-3 all-time in thebuilding.
- This marks the sixth time this season that Iowa has been held under 50 points and the 21st time the team has beenheld under 60 points.
- It also is the 13th time this year in which neither team has reached 60 points in a game involving Iowa.
- With one three-pointer, Justin Johnson moved into second on Iowa’s single-season three-pointers made list with 93.
- Cyrus Tate tied a Big Ten Tournament single-game record with 17 free-throw attempts. Iowa’s Reggie Evans alsohad 17 vs. Penn State on March 10, 2001.
- After breaking a four-game losing streak to Iowa earlier this season, the Wolverines take the season series 2-1 overthe Hawkeyes. The Wolverines also improve to 3-3 at Conseco Fieldhouse and 2-1 all-time against the No. 8 seed atthe Big Ten Tournament.
- Head Coach John Beilein won his first Big Ten Tournament game.
- Freshman Manny Harris became the fourth freshman in Michigan history to score 500 points in a season. He scored19 points today and now has 512 points this season. He joins Jalen Rose (597 points), Mike McGee (531 points) andChris Webber (528 points) as the only Michigan players with 500 points during their freshman seasons.
- Harris also recorded his 28th double-digit scoring game today. He had 10 points with 10:53 left in the first half.
- Michigan went on a 16-3 run in the beginning of the first half to take the 20-7 lead … that run included four threepointers.
- Sophomore Ekpe Udoh extended his consecutive games played streak to 66 today. He has not missed a game in twoyears and now has 30 consecutive starts for Michigan, including 23 this season … he finished with three blocks,marking the 28th time this season Udoh has recorded at least one block.
- DeShawn Sims recorded his first career double-double (14 points, 10 rebounds).
- Michigan made eight three-pointers today … that is tied for the fourth-most in a Big Ten Tournament game for theWolverines … the team also had 24 attempts, which is Michigan’s most in tournament play.
- Michigan’s 21 points in the second half is the team’s season-low for points scored in the second half.
- Today’s win marked the second time this season Michigan held its opponent under 50 points … Michigan also wonthe previous contest (49-43 over Illinois).