March 11, 2010
- Iowa has appeared as a number nine seed more times (6) than any other team. The Hawkeyes are now3-3 as a No. 9 seed.
- With 20 three-point attempts, the Hawkeyes established a new single-season record with 753 threepointattempts for the season. That breaks the old mark of 743 set in 1995.
- Iowa finishes the season with 239 three-pointers, the third-most in school history. Three of the top fourthree-point seasons have come in the last three campaigns – 258 in 2009 and 222 in 2008. The all-timemark is 274 set in 1995.
- Cully Payne’s five three-pointers and 25 points are both career highs. His previous bests were 18 pointsvs. Wichita State (11/24/09) and four treys vs. Michigan (2/16/10).
- Payne’s 25 points are the most by an Iowa player in a Big Ten Tournament game since Jeff Hornerscored 26 vs. Minnesota in 2006.
- Aaron Fuller recorded his sixth double-double of the season, four of which have come since Feb. 7.
- Fuller’s 13 rebounds are the most by a Hawkeye in a Big Ten Tournament game since Reggie Evanshad 18 vs. Purdue in 2002.
- Cully Payne had nine three-pointers and scored 38 points in the last two games vs. the Wolverines.
- With five three-pointers today, Cully Payne moved into fourth on Iowa’s freshman three-point list with 42,passing teammate Eric May (41).
- Today marks the ninth time this season that a freshman has led Iowa in scoring.
- Iowa is now 1-18 when trailing at the half and 1-13 away from Carver-Hawkeye Arena this season.
Michigan Game Notes
- Michigan leads the Big Ten Tournament series vs. Iowa, 4-0, after today’s win, including defeating Iowaeach of the last three years in the tournament.
- Michigan beat Iowa twice during the regular Big Ten season – January 30th (60-46) and on February 16thin an OT win at Iowa (80-78).
- Coach John Beilein is now 3-2 in the Big Ten Tournament in his 3rd season with the University ofMichigan.
- This is the fourth straight win for Michigan over Iowa, and five wins for the Wolverines in the teams’ lastsix matchups
- In all three matchups against Iowa this season Manny Harris has scored at least 20 points (20, 20 and22).
- Michigan won its sixth Big Ten Tournament game, four of which have come over Iowa.