April 3, 2013
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone app!
- Iowa and the Big Ten Network
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
LINCOLN, Neb. — The University of Iowa men’s tennis team (7-10, 0-5) fell to Nebraska (10-8, 2-3) Wednesday afternoon, 6-1.
Iowa was unable to gain the doubles point as Nebraska won two-of-three doubles matches. Jonas Dierckx and Juan Estenssoro picked up the lone victory for Iowa in doubles play, defeating Stenger and Sock of Nebraska, 8-6.
The Hawkeyes struggled in singles action, losing five-of-six matches. Juan Estenssoro picked up the only singles victory for Iowa on the day, defeating Herrmann in a tie breaker 4-6, 6-4, 1-0. The win is Estenssoro’s first victory playing in the No. 3 singles slot and improves his singles record to 7-10 overall.
The Hawkeyes hit the courts next on Saturday as they take on Indiana at noon in Bloomington.
1. (UI) Dierckx/ Estenssoro def. (NEB) Stenger/ Sock 8-6
2. (NEB) Zitsch/ Boyer def. (UI) Swank/ White 8-4
3. (NEB) Elsass/ Videtich def. (UI) Hagan/ Tomlins 8-4
1. (NEB) Andre Stenger def. (UI) Jonas Dierckx 6-4, 1-6, 6-3
2. (NEB) Dusty Boyer def. (UI) Garret Dunn 3-6, 6-2, 6-2
3. (UI) Juan Estenssoro def. (NEB) Marc Herrmann 4-6, 6-4, 1-0
4. (NEB) Tom Blackwell def. (UI) Matt Hagan 6-3, 6-3
5. (NEB) Sebastian Florczyk def. (UI) Dominic Patrick 6-2, 6-3
6. (NEB) Bradford Zitsch def. (UI) Andres Estenssoro 2-6, 6-1, 7-6