April 5, 2013
- Video from Iowa – Indiana Women’s Tennis
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone app!
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
IOWA CITY, Iowa — The University of Iowa women’s tennis team fell 6-1 to No. 32 Indiana today at the Hawkeye Tennis and Recreation Complex.
“Indiana is a strong team playing with a lot of confidence,” said head coach Katie Dougherty. “They’re coming off a big win over Michigan last week and are playing very good tennis. We competed much better than we did last weekend in both singles and doubles. Our effort is there. We’re just playing very good teams and at some spots not playing our best tennis. We’re looking forward to another tough match on Sunday with a top 20 Purdue team.”
Freshman Caitlin Hindmarsh recorded the Hawkeyes lone singles point with a 6-4, 6-4, victory over Shannon Murdy. Hindmarsh’s straight-set victory improves her season record to 11-3.
Indiana secured the doubles point with wins at the No. 2 and No. 3 positions. No. 34 Ruth Seaborne and Morven McCulloch topped Carolyn Chupa and Leslie Hureau, 8-4, at the No. 1 position to improve their record to 13-3. The Hawkeyes return to action on Sunday when they host No. 19 Purdue at 11 a.m. (CT) in their PINK match. Live results will be available on the hawkeyesports.com schedule page and via twitter @iowa_tennis.
IOWA (8-8), 1
INDIANA (14-5), 6
1. #111 Leslie Hureau (Indiana) def. #85 Ruth Seaborne (Iowa), 6-3, 6-2
2. #112 Katie Klyczek (Indiana) def. Shelby Talcott (Iowa), 7-6, 6-4
3. Carolyn Chupa (Indiana) def. Morven McCulloch (Iowa), 7-5, 6-2
4. Alecia Kauss (Indiana) def. Christina Harazin (Iowa), 6-1, 6-2
5. Sophie Garre (Indiana) def. Katie Zordani (Iowa), 6-2, 6-1
6. Caitlin Hindmarsh (Iowa) def. Shannon Murdy (Indiana), 6-4, 6-4
1. #34 Seaborne/McCulloch (Iowa) def. Chupa/Hureau (Indiana), 8-4
2. Murdy/Kauss (Indiana) def. Harazin/Zordani (Iowa), 8-1
3. Klyczek/Garre (Indiana) def. Dohanics/Hindmarsh (Iowa), 8-4