April 14, 2013
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone app!
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
ANN ARBOR, Mich. — The University of Iowa women’s tennis team was defeated 6-1 today by No. 7 Michigan at the Varsity Tennis Center.
“We played better today in singles than we have in a couple of weeks,” said head coach Katie Dougherty. “There were a number of close matches, and they’re a very good team. We have two big matches next weekend. We need to take this momentum into them.”
Freshman Annette Dohanics defeated Mimi Nguyen, 7-5, 6-3, to finish the weekend 2-0. The Wolverines claimed the remaining five singles points, as their lineup featured three nationally ranked players.
The Hawkeyes travel to Wisconsin on April 19 before returning to Iowa City to take on Minnesota in their home finale on April 21. The match is set to begin at 11 a.m. (CT) at the Hawkeye Tennis and Recreation Complex.
Iowa (9-11), 1
No. 7 Michigan (17-4), 6
1. #28 Emina Bektas (UM) def. #98 Ruth Seaborne (Iowa), 7-5, 7-5
2. #49 Ronit Yurovsky (UM) def. Shelby Talcott (Iowa), 6-0, 6-4
3. Brooke Bolender (UM) def. Morven McCulloch (Iowa), 3-6, 6-2, 6-3
4. #97 Sarah Lee (UM) def. Caitlin Hindmarsh (Iowa), 6-3, 7-5
5. Amy Zhu (UM) def. Katie Zordani (Iowa), 6-2, 6-1
6. Annette Dohanics (Iowa) def. Mimi Nguyen (UM), 7-5, 6-3
1. #2 Bolender/Bektas (UM) def. #48 Seaborne/McCulloch (Iowa), 8-4
2. Nguyen/Lee (UM) vs. Talcott/Hindmarsh (Iowa), 7-3 abandoned
3. Yurovsky/Dodge (UM) def. Zordani/Annette Dohanics (Iowa), 8-3