Nov. 6, 2013
- Read the latest issue of Hawk Talk Monthly
- 2013 Big Ten/ACC Challenge
- Iowa Field Hockey Media Guide
- USA Field Hockey
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone/iPad app!
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
COLUMBUS, Ohio — The University of Iowa field hockey team has arrived in Columbus, Ohio for the Big Ten Tournament. The 20th-ranked Hawkeyes first round opponent is the 18th-ranked Michigan Wolverines.
Having already played Michigan once this season, senior Niki Schultheis believes that Hawkeyes can use that to their advantage.
“We did not like the way we played against Michigan earlier in the season so we have extra motivation to come out and dominate tomorrow,” said Schultheis.
In order to do so, the Hawkeyes will need to get plenty of rest in preparation for tomorrow’s game.
“As a team we need to recover from the trip,” said Schultheis. “Get a good meal, stay hydrated, and get some sleep.”
Game time is set for 9 a.m. (CT) tomorrow and will be streamed live on the Big Ten Network.