Jan. 21, 2014
- Read the January issue of Hawk Talk Monthly
- 2013-14 Iowa Swimming & Diving Media Guide
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly iOS app
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly android app
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone app!
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
IOWA CITY, Iowa — Redshirt junior Abby Grilli has been named the Big Ten Diver of the Week, the league offices announced Tuesday. Grilli earns the accolade after diving to a pair of runner-up finishes against Missouri, Indiana, and Illinois in a quad meet this past weekend.
Grilli helped lead the Hawkeyes to a pair of victories, dropping Missouri and Illinois. Grilli dove to a second place showing on the 1-meter springboard with a final score of 286.70, while finishing with 303.65 points in the 3-meter competition to earn runner-up honors. Both scores are NCAA Zone Diving standards.
This is the third Diver of the Week honor of Grilli’s career — all coming this season. She has previously earned the accolade on Dec. 17 for her performance against Iowa State, and on Nov. 19 for her performance against Nebraska and South Dakota State.
Iowa returns to action Jan. 25, traveling to Evanston, Ill., to take on Northwestern in a conference dual. Competition is slated to begin at 11 a.m. (CT) inside the Norris Aquatics Center.