Jan. 30, 2014
- Read the January issue of Hawk Talk Monthly
- 2013-14 Iowa Swimming & Diving Media Guide
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly iOS app
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly android app
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone app!
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
INDIANAPOLIS — Former University of Iowa diver Deidre Freeman has been invited to participate in a pair of 2014 FINA Diving World Series events, it was announced Wednesday by USA Diving.
The former Hawkeye All-American will compete in the 3-meter synchronized diving competition in Beijing, China, on March 14-16 and in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, on March 20-22. She will dive with Amanda Burke.
Freeman has turned into a major player on the national diving scene under UI diving coach Todd Waikel. The Grinnell, Iowa, native won the 3-meter synchronized diving event at USA Diving Winter Nationals, claimed the 3-meter and 3-meter synchro events at the AT&T Diving Championships and placed 11th in the 1-meter springboard at the FINA World Championships.