March 6, 2014
Recap | Box Score | Photo Gallery | USATSI Gallery
- No. 23 Iowa moves to 24-7 overall.
- Iowa’s 24 wins mark the highest total under UI head coach Lisa Bluder, and the highest since Iowa finished 27-4 in 1995-96. Iowa has won 20 or more games in six of the last seven seasons (the Hawkeyes won 19 in 2011-12).
- Iowa, the No. 5 seed in the Big Ten Tournament, advances to Friday’s quarterfinals to face fourth-seeded and 16th-ranked Purdue at approximately 1:30 p.m. (CT) on the Big Ten Network.
- Iowa dropped a 74-73 decision at Purdue on Feb. 16 in the only meeting between the two teams this season.
- Junior point guard Samantha Logic surpassed Stephanie White (Purdue) and Lindsay Whalen (Minnesota) — 578 career assists — for the ninth-most assists in league history.
- Junior center Bethany Doolittle finished with a career-best 26 points. Iowa’s record for most points in a Big Ten Tournament game is 28 by Tangela Smith (1998 vs. Ohio State).
- Freshman Ally Disterhoft posted her third double-double of the season (14 points and 12 rebounds).
- Iowa leads the Big Ten in overall victories (24).
- The Hawkeyes have won four straight, 10-of-12, and 12-of-15 since starting 0-2 in league play.
- Iowa is 11-4 away from Iowa City this season: 7-4 in true road games, and 4-0 in neutral site contests.
- Iowa is 10-0 this season when playing on Big Ten Network.
- The Hawkeyes move to 6-2 in first round games of the Big Ten Tournament.
- Iowa is 4-0 all-time against Illinois in the Big Ten Tournament.
- This season marks the third time that Iowa has had a rematch in the Big Ten Tournament against its opponent in the regular season finale, and the second time it has happened against Illinois. In 1996, Iowa defeated Illinois (73-55) to close the regular season and knocked off the Fighting Illini (74-56) in the quarterfinals of the Big Ten Tournament. Last season, Iowa finished the regular season with a win over Northwestern (62-45), and opened the Big Ten Tournament with a win over the Wildcats in the first round (60-55).
- Iowa earned its 52nd win all-time against Illinois, and leads the all-time series 52-17.
- The Hawkeyes have won 17 of the last 19 meetings overall against Illinois.
- Iowa swept all three meetings this season against Illinois.