IOWA CITY, Iowa — The University of Iowa soccer team will play 10 games at the Iowa Soccer Complex as part of its 2018 schedule, which was released Monday by head coach Dave DiIanni.
- The 20-game schedule includes five contests against NCAA Tournament team — vs. Washington State, at Rutgers, at Ohio State, at Penn State, Northwestern. The Nittany Lions advanced to the Elite Eight, Wazzu played in the Sweet 16, Northwestern and Rutgers were Round of 32 teams, and Ohio State, the reigning Big Ten champion, lost in the first round.
- The Hawkeyes will play Washington State on a neutral field in Minneapolis on Aug. 24.
- Iowa will host the Hawkeye Invitational from Aug. 31 through Sept. 2 at the Iowa Soccer Complex. Iowa, Central Michigan, Virginia Commonwealth, and Northern Iowa will compete in the tournament.
- After playing a road exhibition at Illinois State on Aug. 12, Iowa plays five of its first six regular season games at home.
- The Hawkeyes host Purdue (Sept. 20), Indiana (Sept. 23), Michigan State (Oct. 12), Michigan (Oct. 14), and Northwestern (Oct. 21) in Big Ten play.
- Iowa travels to Maryland (Sept. 14), Rutgers (Sept. 16), Ohio State (Sept. 27), Penn State (Sept. 30), Nebraska (Oct. 5), and Minnesota (Oct. 18)
- The Hawkeyes don’t play Wisconsin or Illinois in Big Ten play in 2018.
To see the complete 2018 soccer schedule, click HERE.