COMING SOON: IOWA SOCCER OPERATIONS FACILITY
University of Iowa women’s soccer is a program on the rise. Founded in 1997 and now under the direction of head coach Dave DiIanni, the Hawkeyes have put themselves in a position to compete for Big Ten Conference championships and contend on the national stage. The program has had resounding success on the pitch. Now is the perfect time to make an assist and take the state of Iowa’s top Division I women’s soccer program to the next level.
This fall, we are excited to break ground on a $4 million state-of-the-art operations facility on the west side of the Iowa Soccer Complex. This new space will open in time for the 2021 fall season — our 25th year of Iowa women’s soccer — and will house:
- A spacious locker room and lounge/team room.
- A multi-purpose room that overlooks one of the best soccer fields in the Big Ten and creates a space for our team to enjoy pregame and postgame meals, watch film, study, and socialize, as well as host donors and other events before and after matches.
- An athletic training room so that our student-athletes are able to receive treatments from sports medicine staff after a practice or game—without having to travel to another campus location.
- Additional amenities, including coaches’ offices, visiting team locker rooms, officials’ locker rooms, a press box, and storage space.
- Similar to recent athletic facility projects, the soccer facility was part of an overall athletics facilities master plan. A key leadership gift was committed that provided the funding to proceed.
- The new Women’s Soccer Facility Building Project has been fully funded through donations directed to the University of Iowa Center for Advancement. Soccer program supporters and letter winners have stepped up to cover the cost of the entire project through philanthropic contributions.
- The new Soccer Operations Building will serve as the home for Iowa Soccer and replace both the existing press box and temporary structures that were utilized throughout the season for team gameday operations.
- The new 7400 square foot facility will be constructed on the west side of the soccer field and house the following amenities; Home & Away Locker Rooms, Team Lounge, Coaches Locker Rooms, Video Manager & Media Rooms, Athletic Training, Multipurpose Room, and Outdoor Patio. Other key improvements that will take place with additional private support; New Videoboard, and Improved Entrance Signage.
- Building construction estimated costs are approximately $3 million and will be fully funded through private support. The current campaign goal for private support is $4 million. Additional private support raised above the facility cost will be directed to support enhancements to the project and overall Iowa soccer student-athlete experience.
- Construction will start in late October/ early November of 2020. The building is set to be complete by late July or early August of 2021. The UI Women’s Soccer team will utilize the new Soccer Operations Building for the 2021 season. The Spring 2021 season will not be impacted by the ongoing construction.
- Visit the project and campaign website here: https://www.jointheiclub.com/campaigns/index.html
- Visit the University of Iowa Center for Advancement giving page here: Soccer Campaign.
- Notice: The University of Iowa Center for Advancement is an operational name to the State University of Iowa Foundation, an independent, Iowa nonprofit corporation organized as a 501©(3) tax-exempt, publicly supported charitable entity working to advance the University of Iowa.
A HAWKEYE RESURGENCE
Iowa’s home record at the Iowa Soccer Complex over the past two seasons
Consecutive winning seasons
Ranked during the 2019 season, the highest in program history
Number of wins during the 2019 season, which tied a school record and led to the program’s second NCAA Tournament berth all-time
Number of first team Academic All-Americans in 2019, making Iowa the only program nationally to accomplish the feat