IOWA CITY, Iowa – The 2018-19 schedule released Friday by the University of Iowa wrestling program includes seven home dates, including an Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk Series matchup against Iowa State on Saturday, Dec. 1.
Iowa opens the home schedule Nov. 17 against Princeton, before hosting duals on three consecutive Saturdays beginning Nov. 24. The Big Ten opener is Nov. 24 against Purdue. Iowa State visits Carver-Hawkeye Arena Dec. 1, and Lehigh concludes the stretch Dec. 8.
The final three home duals are Big Ten contests against Rutgers (Jan. 18), Maryland (Feb. 8), and Indiana (Feb. 15).
Season ticket are available now at hawkeyesports.com. Single-match tickets will be available for purchase in October. Season tickets are $70. Singles for six-of-seven home dates are $12 for adults, $8 for youth. Singles for the Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk Series are $15 for adults and $10 for youth. UI students and children five-years-old and younger are admitted free to all Hawkeye wrestling matches.
- Iowa’s next dual win will be the 1,000 dual victory in program history. The Hawkeyes are 999-230-31 in 108 seasons.
- Iowa opens the season at Kent State on Nov. 9. The Hawkeyes wrestle the Golden Flashes and Cal State Bakersfield on Nov. 9.
- The Hawkeyes have nine Big Ten duals, four at Carver-Hawkeye Arena and five on the road.
- Iowa returns to the Midlands Championships on Dec. 29-30. The Hawkeyes have won five straight Midlands team titles, and crowned a program-best five champions in 2017.
- The Hawkeyes host senior night Friday, Feb. 15, against Indiana.
- Iowa wraps the regular season Feb. 24 at Oklahoma State. The last time the Hawkeyes and Cowboys met this late in the season was Feb. 21, 1999.
- The Big Ten Championships are March 9-10 in Minneapolis. The last time Minnesota hosted the Big Ten Championships was 2008. The Hawkeyes won the conference title that season, Tom Brands’ first as Iowa’s head coach.
- The NCAA Championships are March 21-23 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
A complete schedule is available at hawkeyesports.com. Start times and broadcast information will be announced at a later date.