Hawkeye Fan Shop — A Black & Gold Store | 24 Hawkeyes to Watch 2018-19 | Hawk Talk Monthly — September | 2019 Schedule
IOWA CITY, Iowa — The University of Iowa baseball team released the details of its 54-game 2019 schedule, it was announced Monday by head coach Rick Heller.
Below is a rundown of the Hawkeyes’ 2019 schedule:
- Twenty-six of Iowa’s 54 games will be played at Duane Banks Field. The Hawkeyes are 72-20 (.760) at home since the start of the 2015 season. The home opener is set for March 6 against a TBA opponent.
- Iowa will play 12 games against four NCAA Tournament teams and all 12 games will be on the road. The Hawkeyes will travel for three-game series at Oklahoma State, Indiana, Purdue, and Ohio State.
- The Hawkeyes will host Big Ten series against Illinois, Rutgers, Nebraska, and Michigan State.
- Iowa travels for Big Ten series against Indiana, Purdue, Ohio State, and Maryland.
- The Hawkeyes don’t play Michigan, Minnesota, Northwestern, or Penn State during the regular season, but Iowa will play a nonconference game against Northwestern at Impact Field in Rosemont, Illinois, on May 1.
- Iowa will open the season at the Diamond 9 Sunshine State Classic Series in Kissimmee, Florida, for a second straight season before traveling to Honolulu, Hawaii, for a four-game series at Hawaii.
- The Hawkeyes will also play nonconference series at Evansville, while hosting Cal State Northridge and UC Irvine at Banks Field.
- The 2019 Big Ten Tournament will be held at T.D. Ameritrade Park in Omaha, Nebraska, from May 22-26 for a second straight season. The Hawkeyes have advanced to the postseason five straight seasons — a school record.
The Hawkeyes will host Kirkwood Community College in their final fall exhibition on Friday at 5 p.m. (CT) at Duane Banks Field. The Black & Gold World Series will be contested from Oct. 10-12.