IOWA CITY, Iowa — University of Iowa head baseball coach Rick Heller announced the details of the Hawkeyes’ 53-game 2020 spring schedule Wednesday.
- Iowa will play 23 home contests at Duane Banks Field. The Hawkeyes’ home opener is set for March 3 against Grand View.
- The Hawkeyes will play eight games against NCAA Tournament teams in 2019, including two games against Super Regional teams and three games against the defending NCAA runner-up.
- Iowa will travel the first five weekends of the regular season, playing tournaments in Florida (Snowbird Classic), California (Tony Gwynn Legacy Tournament), Minneapolis (Big Ten/ACC Challenge), Florida (Snowbird Classic 2), and a weekend series at Cal State Northridge from March 13-15.
- The Hawkeyes will face three NCAA Tournament qualifiers at U.S. Bank Field in Minneapolis from Feb. 28-March 1 in North Carolina State, North Carolina, and Duke. The Tar Heels and Blue Devils were both Super Regional teams in 2019.
- Iowa will host Big Ten series against Purdue, Maryland, Minnesota, and Northwestern, while traveling for road series against Penn State, Rutgers, Michigan State, and Michigan. The Wolverines national runners-up in 2019.
- The Hawkeyes do not face Illinois, Ohio State, Indiana, or Nebraska during the regular season.
- Iowa will play midweek games against teams from the Big 12 (Kansas), SEC (Missouri), and Missouri Valley (Bradley) conferences, while also facing defending Horizon League champion UIC.
- Iowa will also host Saint Mary’s for a three-game series (March 20-22) and South Dakota State, Milwaukee, Northern Illinois, and Western Illinois during the midweek.
- The 2020 Big Ten Tournament will be held at TD Ameritrade Park in Omaha, Nebraska, from May 20-24. The Hawkeyes are one of three teams to qualify for the last six Big Ten Tournaments.
Click HERE for the complete 2020 Iowa baseball schedule. Season tickets for the 2020 season will go on sale at a later date.