|Date:||March 10-11, 2020|
|Location:||Iowa City, Iowa | Duane Banks Field|
|Game Notes:||IOWA| Kansas|
|Statistics||IOWA | Kansas|
|Radio/Streaming:||Hawkeye Radio Network | Hawkeye All-Access ($)|
|Live Stats:||Game 1 | Game 2|
|Television/Video Streaming||Game 1 | Game 2|
|Game 1 | March 10 | 4:05 p.m. (CT)|
|Pitching Matchup:||Iowa: RHP Hunter Lee (1-0, 1.80 ERA)|
|Game 2 | March 11 | 2:05 p.m. (CT)|
|Pitching Matchup:||Iowa: TBA|
• The University of Iowa baseball team will play a two-game midweek series against Kansas. Game times are set for 4:05 p.m. (CT) on Tuesday and 2:05 p.m. on Wednesday at Duane Banks Field.
• Coached by Ritch Price, who is in his 18th season at Kansas, the Jayhawks are 7-8 this season, dropping their last series to Indiana State at home. Kansas went 32-26 last season and 12-12 in the Big 12.
• Kansas leads the all-time series 18-12. The last matchup between the two schools came in 2015 with a three-game series. Iowa won two of three games in the road series.
• Iowa has won five of its last six games, including a 22-2 win over Georgetown and two ranked wins over ACC opponents. The Hawkeyes scored 12 runs in the ninth inning against the Hoyas. Iowa’s wins over No. 20 North Carolina (5-4) and No. 14 Duke (7-5) came in comeback fashion.
• Head coach Rick Heller won his 900th career game in Iowa’s 15-2 midweek victory over Grand View on March 3.
• Iowa ranks top five in the Big Ten in all three categories. Led by senior Grant Judkins (2-0, 3.00 ERA, 24 Ks) and redshirt sophomore Jack Dreyer (2-1, 3.32 ERA, .171 BAA), the Hawkeyes rank fifth in the conference in ERA (3.94) and third in BAA (.235). Offensively, Iowa ranks third in batting average (.291) and on-base percentage (.392), and fifth in slugging percentage (.411). The Hawkeyes are scoring 7.5 runs per game. Defensively, Iowa’s .976 fielding percentage is second-best in the conference, going errorless in five of its six last games.
• Junior Izaya Fullard has anchored Iowa’s offense, leading the team in batting average (.385), on-base percentage (.450), slugging percentage (.596), hits (20), extra-base hits (6), runs (17), and RBIs (20). He leads the conference in RBIs and is tied for the second most runs scored, while ranking top-15 in five other offensive categories. Fullard is hitting .609 (14-of-23) in his last five games, with 12 runs, 15 RBIs, and four extra-base hits, raising his batting average by 112 points in that span.
• Freshman Peyton Williams leads Iowa with a nine-game hitting streak. Williams’ 15 RBIs are second on the team and tied for the fourth most in the Big Ten.
RECORDS AT THE SNOWBIRD
• In Iowa’s 22-2 win over Georgetown on March 7, the Hawkeyes put up some gaudy numbers.
• Iowa’s 22 runs scored were the most scored since 2016 and Iowa’s 12 runs in the ninth inning were three shy of tying a school record set in 1985.
• The Hawkeyes drew 13 walks, including four from senior Ben Norman, which tied a school record. Norman also scored five runs to tie another school record, which was last set by Austin Guzzo in 2016.
• Dreyer became the first Hawkeye to throw a seven-inning complete game since Steve Turnbull in 2008 in Iowa’s 10-0 run-rule victory against Western Michigan on March 6.
• The Hawkeyes will play 23 home contests at Duane Banks Field this season. Iowa is 92-27 at home since the start of the 2015 season, including its 15-2 home-opening win over Grand View. Saint Mary’s (Calif.) comes to Iowa City, March 20-22, for Iowa’s first home weekend series. Iowa’s home Big Ten games are against Purdue, Maryland, Minnesota, and Northwestern.