|MATCHUP||Iowa (33-18) vs. Purdue (29-20)|
|LOCATION||Charles Schwab Field Omaha | Omaha, Neb.|
|DATE||May 27, 2022 | 9 a.m. (CT)|
|LISTEN||Hawkeye Radio Network | The Varsity Network|
|LIVE STATS||Live Stats|
|Game 1 | May 27 | 9 a.m. (CT)||UI: RHP Dylan Nedved (6-2, 3.53 ERA)
PUR: CJ Backer (2-2, 7.15 ERA)
The third-seeded University of Iowa baseball team will face No. 7 seed Purdue in an elimination game on Friday at 9 a.m. (CT) at the Big Ten Tournament at Charles Schwab Field Omaha. The game will be televised on BTN.
• The Hawkeyes haven’t lost consecutive games since April 9-10 against Illinois.
• Iowa has had season-lows in hits (3 vs. Indiana, 2 vs. Penn State) in consecutive games.
• Iowa is 2-1 against Purdue all-time in the Big Ten Tournament with the most recent meeting coming in 2010 in Columbus. The Hawkeyes beat the Boilermakers, 5-4 and 8-3.
HAWKEYES TIE RECORD
Three Iowa pitchers — Adam Mazur, Duncan Davitt and Ben Beutel — tied a Big Ten Tournament record, fanning 17 batters in the 5-2 loss against sixth-seeded Penn State. The Hawkeyes tied Ohio State’s record from the 1985 season against Illinois.
• The Hawkeyes won two of three games over Purdue from May 6-8 in Iowa City. Iowa won the first and third game of the series, 5-2 and 9-1, but lost game two, 10-6.
• Redshirt senior Dylan Nedved allowed three runs on five hits in 3 1/3 innings in relief against Purdue on May 7.
• Iowa hit .291 in the three-game series with Izaya Fullard hitting a team-best .455 (5-of-11). Keaton Anthony finished with a .417 (5-of-12) average with two home runs, six RBIs and five runs scored.
NEDVED REJOINS ROTATION
Redshirt senior Dylan Nedved rejoined the rotation as the Game 2 starter against Indiana on May 20.
• In five starts, Nedved is 3-2 with a 3.86 ERA, allowing 12 runs on 16 hits over 28 innings. He has 27 strikeouts to 16 walks. The right-hander posted wins over Michigan and Illinois in consecutive Friday starts, posting a 2.25 ERA.
• Against the Hoosiers, Nedved carried a no-hitter into the sixth to earn his sixth win. He allowed one hit over six innings and fanned six to earn Big Ten Pitcher of the Week honors on May 24. It was his second qualify start of the season.