EUGENE, Oregon – The University of Iowa women’s tennis team lost at the University of Oregon, 4-1, Friday afternoon at the Student Tennis Center.
The Hawkeyes dropped the doubles point on courts one and two. Schmidt/Lamoreaux lost their match against Luescher/Moral (6-2). Mannix/Kranholdt had a close battle against Chan/Garcia, but ultimately came up short (6-4). Hayashida/Mehra led in their match against Mould/Kobayashi, but the match was called once the Ducks secured the point.
Iowa was able to push Oregon to the third set on courts one, three, four, and five, although two of the four went unfinished and the remaining ended 1-1. Daianne Hayashida registered a win on court four against Karin Young (7-5, 1-6, 6-2). Barbora Pokorna took her opponent Uxia Martinez Moral to three sets, but fell short (2-6, 7-6, 4-6). Marisa Schmidt and Vipasha Mehra also pushed their respective matches to a third set, but fell short of a finish after Oregon took three singles points.
The Hawkeyes remain in Oregon to compete against Saint Mary’s on Saturday. The match is set to start at 2 p.m. (CT) at the Student Tennis Center.
Oregon 4, Iowa 1
1. Marisa Schmidt (UI) def. Taylor Melville (DEN): 6-2, 6-4, 1-3, unfinished
2. Ares Teixido Garcia (ORE) def. Samantha Mannix (UI): 6-2, 7-5
3. Vipasha Mehra (UI) vs. Myah Petchey (ORE): 6-4, 6-7, 1-2, unfinished
4. Daianne Hayashida (UI) def. Karin Young (ORE): 7-5, 1-6, 6-2
5. Uxia Martinez Moral (ORE) def. Barbora Pokorna (UI): 6-2, 6-7, 6-4
6. Jo-Yee Chan (ORE) def. Anya Lamoreaux (UI): 6-2, 6-3
1. Luescher/Moral (ORE) def. Schmidt/Lamoreaux (UI): 6-2
2. Chan/Garcia (ORE) def. Mannix/Kranholdt (UI): 6-4
3. Mehra/Hayashida (UI) vs. Mould/Kobayashi (ORE): 5-4, unfinished
Order of Finish: Singles (6,2,4,5); Doubles (1,2)