|MATCHUP||Indiana (41-16) vs. Iowa (40-13)|
|LOCATION||Charles Schwab Field Omaha | Omaha, Neb.|
|DATE||May 25, 2023 | 2 p.m. (CT)|
|LISTEN||Hawkeye Radio Network | The Varsity Network|
|LIVE STATS||Live Stats|
The third-seeded University of Iowa baseball team continues Big Ten Tournament play against No. 2 seed Indiana on Thursday at 2 p.m. (CT) at Charles Schwab Field Omaha. The game will be televised live on BTN.
• The Hawkeyes are 40-13 and 15-8 in Big Ten play. This is the fifth time in program history that Iowa has reached the 40 win mark.
• Iowa has won 16 of its last 20.
• Iowa has outscored its opponents 452-233, they are averaging 8.52 runs per game. The Hawkeyes are averaging 9.7 runs in their last 10 contests.
• The pitching staff has a 4.11 ERA good for first in the Big Ten, the Iowa defense leads to conference with a .979 fielding percentage, and the Hawkeyes have a .301 batting average. If the season ended today, Iowa’s batting average would be its highest since 2008 (.316).
• The Hawkeyes have hit nine grand slams on the year.
• Iowa is 1-2 against Indiana all-time in the Big Ten Tournament, with the most recent meeting coming in 2019 in
Omaha. The Hawkeyes beat the No. 21 Hoosiers, 4-2.
• Indiana won two of three games over Iowa from April 7-9 in Bloomington. Iowa won the first game of the series, 7-1, but lost game two, 2-0, in ten innings and game three, 4-2.
• Iowa hit .206 in the three-game series with Michael Seegers hitting a team-best .417 (5-of-12). Brayden Frazier, Kyle Huckstorf, and Raider Tello each had two RBIs on the weekend.
IOWA’S B1G TOURNAMENT HISTORY
• Iowa is making its eighth straight Big Ten Tournament appearance and the 16th in program history.
• The Hawkeyes are 21-28 all-time in tournament history, including winning its first ever Big Ten Tournament title in 2017. Iowa has made championship game appearances four times (1983, 2010, 2016, 2017).
• Iowa has won at least one game in seven of the last eight Big Ten Tournaments and is 12-8 over the past six tournaments.
• Head coach Rick Heller is 14-12 in the conference tournament.
• The entirety of the Big Ten Tournament will be televised on BTN.
• All games will be broadcast on the Hawkeye Radio Network with John Leo and John Evans on the call. Fans can access the stream for free on YouTube or by downloading the Varsity Network app.
• Live stats will be available on hawkeyesports.com and live updates will be available on Twitter (@UIBaseball).