|MATCHUP||Maryland (40-19) vs. Iowa (42-13)|
|LOCATION||Charles Schwab Field Omaha | Omaha, Neb.|
|DATE||May 28, 2023 | 2 p.m. (CT)|
|LISTEN||Hawkeye Radio Network | The Varsity Network|
|LIVE STATS||Live Stats|
The third-seeded University of Iowa baseball team continues Big Ten Tournament play against No. 1 seed Maryland on Sunday at 2 p.m. (CT) at Charles Schwab Field Omaha. The game will be televised live on BTN.
• The Hawkeyes are 42-13 and 15-8 in Big Ten play. This is the fifth time in program history that Iowa has reached the 40 win mark. 42 wins is the most in Rick Heller’s tenure at Iowa and second most in program history.
• Iowa has won 19 of its last 23.
• Iowa has outscored its opponents 466-237, they are averaging 8.47 runs per game.
• The pitching staff has a 4.11 ERA good for first in the Big Ten and 12th in the country, the Iowa defense leads the conference and ranks 14th in the nation with a .980 fielding percentage, and the Hawkeyes have a .301 batting average. If the season ended today, Iowa’s batting average would be its highest since 2008 (.316).
• The Hawkeyes have hit nine grand slams on the year.
• Iowa and Maryland have met twice in the Big Ten Tournament, with the Hawkeyes winning both games. Iowa beat Maryland 11-0 in Omaha in 2016. The Hawkeyes edged the Terrapins 9-8 in 2017 in Bloomington, Indiana, in 2017.
• The Hawkeyes and Terrapins have met three times during the 2023 season. Maryland won the series 2-1, winning Friday and Saturday, 10-9 and 7-4. The Hawkeyes won the series finale on Sunday, 12-8.
• Cade Moss was 5-for-11 (.455) in the series with a pair of doubles and an RBI and Brennen Dorighi was 4-for-11 (.364) with an RBI.
• Zach Voelker threw five innings and allowed one earned run while striking out five against Maryland.
IOWA’S B1G TOURNAMENT HISTORY
• Iowa is making its eighth straight Big Ten Tournament appearance and the 16th in program history.
• The Hawkeyes are 23-28 all-time in tournament history, including winning its first ever Big Ten Tournament title
in 2017. Iowa has made championship game appearances five times (1983, 2010, 2016, 2017, 2023).
• Iowa has won at least one game in seven of the last eight Big Ten Tournaments and is 14-8 over the past six
• Head coach Rick Heller is 16-12 in the conference tournament.
• The entirety of the Big Ten Tournament will be televised on BTN.
• All games will be broadcast on the Hawkeye Radio Network with John Leo and John Evans on the call. Fans can access the stream for free on YouTube or by downloading the Varsity Network app.
• Live stats will be available on hawkeyesports.com and live updates will be available on Twitter (@UIBaseball).