IOWA CITY, Iowa — University of Iowa National Player of the Year candidate, Caitlin Clark, earned Big Ten Player of the Week honors the conference office announced on Monday.
This marks Clark’s 21st weekly award from the conference, which is second-most in conference history behind UI’s Megan Gustafson. She garnered weekly honors six times last season and for the third time this season.
Clark led Iowa to a pair of road wins against Iowa State and Wisconsin. She eclipsed 3,000 points against Iowa State on Wednesday and added to her prowess by surpassing Maya Moore and Elena Delle Donne to be top-10 on the NCAA’s all-time scoring list.
– Against the Cyclones, she registered a game-high 35 points, nine rebounds, and five assists.
– Over the last 25 seasons, no one has recorded more 30+ points games than Clark (41).
– Against Wisconsin she had a game-high 28 points (11-19 FG), nine rebounds, and five assists to lead Iowa to its seventh 20-point victory of the season.
– Clark has scored 20 or more points in 96 of her 111 career games at the University of Iowa, which is the most in school history.
– Clark has netted a 3-point basket in 69 consecutive games which is an NCAA best.
– Clark notched her 46th & 47th career game with 25+ points, 5+ assists, 5+ rebounds. (NCAA record)
Make sure to follow Iowa women’s basketball on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook (@IowaWBB) for news and updates all season long.
The fourth-ranked Hawkeyes will hit the road for a neutral site tilt for the HyVee Hawkeye Showcase against Cleveland State on Saturday. Tip-off is set for 6 p.m. (CT) inside a sold-out Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines, Iowa. The game will broadcast on BTN and the Hawkeye Radio Network.