Oct. 22, 2006
Boston, MA –
After making a strong appearance yesterday in the women’s club eights the Hawkeyes headed into day two of the Head of the Charles in Boston, MA. The Iowa rowing team competed in the women’s championship eights.
The US Rowing Princeton Training Ctr. completed the course in the fastest time (15:36.733) and took the first place title in the women’s championship eights. In a large field of teams of 45, the Hawkeyes placed 18th in a time of 16:50.393.Helping the Hawkeyes to secure the 18th place finish was coxswain Shelia Rinozzi, sophomore Kat Davy-Traynor, senior Megan Conner, sophomore Melissa Wordelman, junior Brittany Keyes, sophomore Hannah Miller, freshman Ankia Heder, sophomore Laura Kanaris, and sophomore Kristin Kelly.
The Iowa’s rowing team will host their own regatta October 29th, the Head of Iowa. Racing will be all day on Sunday on the Iowa River in Iowa City, IA.
WOMEN `S CHAMPIONSHIP EIGHTS RESULTS
(TOP TEN PLUS IOWA)
1. US Rowing Princeton Training Ctr. 15:36.733
2. London Training Center 15:54.637
3. Princeton University 16:13.109
4. University of Virginia 16:15.138
5. Yale University 16:20.286
6. University of Washington 16:34.304
7. University of Tennessee 16:34.498
8. Stanford Rowing Center 16:35.641
9. Northeastern University Women’s Crew 16:36.780
10. Washington State University 16:38.652
18. University of Iowa 16:50.393