Jan. 5, 2010
- 2010 NWCA/Cliff Keen National Duals Tournament Central
- Livesportsvideo.com Online Video Broadcasts for 2010 NWCA/Cliff Keen National Duals
- Carver-Hawkeye Arena Revitalization
- Order 2009-10 Hawkeye Wrestling Tickets
- 2009-10 Hawkeye Wrestling Media Guide
- Iowa and the Big Ten Network
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
- Big Ten Network highlights
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone app!
PARK RIDGE, IL — University of Iowa 149-pound wrestler Brent Metcalf has been named Big Ten Wrestler of the Week. It is the fourth time the senior from Davison, MI, has earned the honor in his Hawkeye career.
Metcalf, who is ranked first in the nation at 149, earned the weekly honor after winning his third straight title at the annual Midlands Championships in Evanston, IL, last week. He was named the Dan Gable Most Outstanding Wrestler for the tournament, and took home the Individual High Scorer Award for racking up 32.5 team points. Iowa won its 21st overall and third straight Midlands title with 168.5 points. Metcalf pinned three Midlands opponents, and recorded a technical fall and major decision before beating #2 Kyle Ruschell of Wisconsin, 9-2, in the finals.
Metcalf is undefeated (15-0) this season with 10 pins, going 9-0 in dual competition. His 41 career pins ranks 10th in Iowa school history. He scored team bonus points in 13 of his 15 victories, and has a career record of 87-2.
Metcalf is the first Hawkeye to earn the honor this season. He and the Hawkeyes will compete at the 2010 NWCA/Cliff Keen National Duals Saturday and Sunday at the UNI-Dome in Cedar Falls. The Hawkeyes have a 62-10-3 record at the National Duals, winning five team titles, including the last two.