April 19, 2013
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone app!
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
MADISON, Wis. — The University of Iowa women’s tennis team fell 4-3 to Wisconsin today at the Nielsen Tennis Stadium.
Shelby Talcott and Caitlin Hindmarsh gave the Hawkeyes a solid start with an 8-2 victory over Katie Hoch and Anastasia Tripolskay at the No. 2 doubles position. No. 46 Ruth Seaborne and Morven McCulloch defeated Hannah Berner and Lauren Chypyha 8-5 at the No. 1 position to lock in the doubles point and improve their record to 16-5.
In singles action, Annette Dohanics rolled past Helen Rabot to tally her third consecutive victory at the Hawkeyes’ No. 6 position (6-3, 6-2). No. 96 Seaborne recorded Iowa’s third point of the day with straight-set win over Berner (6-4, 7-5). The Badgers fought back, securing points at the Nos. 2, 3, 4, and 5 positions to rally past Iowa.
The Hawkeyes return to action on Sunday against Minnesota in their home finale. The match is set to begin at 11 a.m. (CT) at the Hawkeye Tennis and Recreation Complex. Live match updates will be available on the Hawkeye Tennis schedule page and on twitter via @iowa_tennis.
IOWA (9-12, 2-8), 3
WISCONSIN (5-16, 3-7), 4
1. #96 Ruth Seaborne (IOWA) def. Hannah Berner (WIS) 6-4, 7-5
2. Lauren Chypyha (WIS) def. Shelby Talcott (IOWA) 6-2, 3-6, 6-4
3. Anastasia Tripolskay (WIS) def. Morven McCulloch (IOWA) 3-6, 6-3, 7-5
4. Lauren Burich (WIS) def. Caitlin Hindmarsh (IOWA) 6-7 (3-7), 6-1, 6-2
5. Katie Hoch (WIS) def. Katie Zordani (IOWA) 6-1, 6-1
6. Annette Dohanics (IOWA) def. Helen Rabot (WIS) 6-3, 6-2
1. #46 Morven McCulloch/Ruth Seaborne (IOWA) def. Hannah Berner/Lauren Chypyha (WIS) 8-5
2. Shelby Talcott/Caitlin Hindmarsh (IOWA) def. Katie Hoch/Anastasia Tripolskay (WIS) 8-2
3. Lauren Burich/Helen Rabot (WIS) vs. Annette Dohanics/Katie Zordani (IOWA) 7-5 abandoned