Oct. 29, 2015
- Read the October issue of Hawk Talk Monthly
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly iOS app
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly android app
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPad and iPhone app!
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
IOWA CITY, Iowa — Carin Runefelt and Montana Crawford will be traveling to the Roberta Alison Fall Classic in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, for a two-day tournament beginning Friday morning and concluding Saturday afternoon. The field includes Alabama’s doubles team of Maya Jansen and Erin Routliffe, who have won back-to-back NCAA national titles in doubles.
“The Roberta Alison is a great opportunity to take two of our younger players to get more matches,” said UI head coach Katie Dougherty. “We’ll get to see teams we don’t during the season and gain more experience.”
Crawford and Runefelt have been paired together five times this season, with a record of 2-3 in doubles.
Other tournament participants include Alabama, Chattanooga, DePaul, Georgia Tech, Kansas, Kennesaw State, Mississippi State, Northwestern, Ole Miss, Samford, Troy, Tulane, and UAB.
Tournament action begins Friday at 9 a.m. (CT).