Nov. 5, 2015
- Read the November issue of Hawk Talk Monthly
- Iowa Field Hockey Media Guide
- USA Field Hockey
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone/iPad app!
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly iOS app
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly android app
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. — It took all 70 minutes of regulation and an additional 22 minutes of overtime before a winner was decided in Thursday afternoon’s Big Ten Tournament quarterfinal matchup between the University of Iowa field hockey team and No. 10 Michigan. Emma Way scored the game’s lone goal in the second overtime (92:39) to give the Wolverines the 1-0 victory over the Hawkeyes.
Thursday’s loss was Iowa’s fourth one-goal loss to a top-10 team this season, and second in double overtime.
The Hawkeyes did everything they could to come away with a victory, falling just short. Iowa recorded 11 shots on the day, led by the Big Ten’s Offensive Player of the Year, Stephanie Norlander. The junior fired off seven shots, but couldn’t get any past Michigan’s All-Big Ten goalkeeper, Sam Swenson.
Junior goalkeeper Alexandra Pecora collected 11 saves in the loss, pushing her season total to 89.
The Hawkeyes conclude the 2015 season with a 10-9 overall record and a 2-6 mark in conference play.