April 3, 2016
- Read the April issue of Hawk Talk Monthly
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly iOS app
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly android app
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPad and iPhone app!
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
EVANSTON, Ill. – The University of Iowa women’s tennis team fell to the No. 41 ranked Northwestern University, 7-0, Sunday afternoon at the Vandy Christie Tennis Center.
The Wildcats clinched the doubles point from the Hawkeyes to kick off the afternoon match. Anastasia Reimchen and Zoe Douglas fell to Alicia Barnett and Brooke Rischbieth of Northwestern, 6-3. Aimee Tarun and Adorabol Huckleby followed on court No. 2, falling to Erin Larner and Lee Or, 6-4.
“We played well in doubles today and were overmatched in singles,” said UI head coach Katie Dougherty. “We had a couple of loose first sets that we let get away from us and then was more competitive in the second but it was too late.”
One Hawkeye faced a ranked opponent in singles against Northwestern. Zoe Douglas took on No. 81 Erin Larner, falling, 4-6, 6-2, 1-0 after three sets. Anastasia Reimchen faced Alicia Barnett, falling, 6-3, 6-4, at the No. 2 spot.
Alex Chatt of Northwestern defeated Kristen Thoms on court No. 3, 6-1, 6-3. Senior Annette Dohanics fell, 6-2, 6-3, to Jillian Rooney. Brooke Rischbieth defeated Aimee Tarun, 6-1, 6-3 at the No. 5 spot. Freshman Adorabol Huckleby fell, 6-0 in both sets to Lee Or of the Wildcats.
“We have some good takeaways from today that we’ll work on this short week leading up to Ohio State and Penn State,” said Dougherty.
The Hawkeyes return to the court Friday in Columbus, Ohio as they take on the Ohio State Buckeyes at 1:30 p.m. (CT) for a Big Ten matchup.
IOWA 0, Northwestern 7
1. Erin Larner (NU) def. Zoe Douglas (IOWA), 4-6, 6-2, 1-0
2. Alicia Barnett (NU) def. Anastasia Reimchen (IOWA), 6-3, 6-4
3. Alex Chatt (NU) def. Kristen Thoms (IOWA), 6-1, 6-3
4. Jillian Rooney (NU) def. Annette Dohanics (IOWA), 6-2, 6-3
5. Brooke Rischbieth (NU) def. Aimee Tarun (IOWA), 6-1, 6-3
6. Lee Or (NU) def. Adorabol Huckleby (IOWA), 6-0, 6-0
Order of Finish (6, 4, 3, 2, 5, 1)
1. Barnett/Rischbieth (NU) def. Reimchen/Douglas (IOWA), 6-3
2. Larner/Or (NU) def. def. Tarun/Huckleby (IOWA), 6-4
3. Chatt/Rooney (NU) led Crawford/Dohanics (IOWA), 5-4
Order of Finish (1, 2)