Hawkeye Fan Shop — A Black & Gold Store | 24 Hawkeyes to Watch 2017-18 – /sports/2017/7/19/24-hawkeyes-to-watch-2016-17.aspx | Hawk Talk Monthly — February 2018 – http://catalog.e-digitaleditions.com/i/935355-february-2018 | Game Notes (PDF)
The University of Iowa softball team travels to Fullerton, California, for the Judi Garman Classic on Friday-Sunday. The Hawkeyes open the weekend against Stanford on Friday at 2:30 p.m. (CT). Iowa will face the host Titans at 9:30 p.m. to finish the opening day of tournament play. Saturday, the Hawkeyes take on Cal Poly at 2 p.m. and UL Lafayette at 7:30 p.m. Iowa wraps up action Sunday at 11 a.m. against Baylor.
Four Hawkeyes hit .300 or better at the Texas A&M Invitational from Feb. 16-18. Junior Mallory Kilian led the Hawkeyes at the plate with a .455 average. Senior Sarah Kurtz followed, hitting .417, while sophomore Brooke Rozier hit .400. Freshman Aralee Bogar rounded out the group, hitting .353.
- Three Hawkeyes threw complete games at the Texas A&M Invitational: freshman Lauren Shaw, sohpomore Allison Doocy, and junior Erin Riding.
- On Friday, Doocy (2-2) allowed just two hits in Iowa’s 2-1 victory over Tulsa. The Ankeny, Iowa native tied a career-best 10 strikeouts in the game.
- Riding (1-0) threw a five inning run rule performance on Saturday against Butler. She gave up two hits and no walks in the 8-0 win.
- Shaw wrapped up the weekend with an 11-3 triumph over Tulsa on Sunday. She allowed just three runs on three hits and an error.
- Aralee Bogar had three hits, three runs, four stolen bases, and a .250 batting average in her first four games in black and gold. She also had a .333 slugging percentage and a .308 on-base percentage.
- In week two action, Bogar improved to six hits, four runs, and a .353 batting average.
- She is currently tied for 21st in the nation with seven stolen bases in nine games played.
- Stanford (10-7) is hitting .394 as a team with 17 doubles, eight triples, and eight home runs. The Cardinal have scored 87 runs while posting a .371 on-base percentage.
- Alyssa Horeczko is hitting a team-leading .421 with a pair of triples. She has scored 15 runs and has seven RBIs.
- Teaghan Cowles leads the nation as the toughest athlete to strikeout. The Cardinal has struck out just once in 58 at bats. She holds a .379 batting average with four doubles, two triples, seven RBIs, and 13 runs.
- Montana Dixon leads the team with three home runs and 20 RBIs. She is hitting .340 and has scored 11 runs.
- Stanford has a 2.49 team ERA over 112.2 innings.
- Maddy Dwyer has pitched 63.2 innings and has a 0.99 ERA. She has five complete games and two shutouts. Dwyer has collected strikeouts 40 against 15 walks.
- In 37 innings, Kiana Pancino has a 2.46 ERA and 26 strikeouts in 10 appearances including two complete games.
- Tournament host Cal State Fullerton owns a 6-8 record on the season.
- The Titans fell to California (3-0) and Arizona St. (7-3) in their final matchups at the Mary Nutter Classic last weekend.
- In 14 games, Fullerton has 56 runs on 89 hits.
- Taylor Dockins has pitched 34.1 innings. She owns a 2.24 ERA.
- Ari Williams leads the Titans at the plate, batting .342 with 13 hits in 38 at bats. She’s knocked eight RBIs and has scored six runs.
- Taylor Dockins has pitched 34.1 innings and has a 2.24 ERA. She has three complete games with 16 strikeouts and just seven walks.
- Cal Poly is 7-7 overall after splitting a pair games with Stanford at the Mary Nutter Classic last weekend.
- Chelsea Convissar leads Cal Poly with 17 hits, 11 runs, and a .362 batting average. She has collected two doubles, two triples, one home run, and five RBIs.
- In the circle, Lindsey Chalmers has 23 strikeouts and a 3.61 ERA over 33.0 innings pitched.
- UL Lafayette (11-3) is hitting .301 as a team with 13 doubles, three triples, and five home runs.
- The Ragin Cajuns have scored 77 runs while posting a .367 on-base percentage.
- Alissa Dalton is hitting a team leading .426 with a pair of doubles and one home run. She has scored 13 runs and knocked in 11 runs.
- Brittany Rodriguez has collected 10 runs on 15 hits with a .375 batting average.
- Summer Ellyson has pitched 48.1 innings and has a 1.59 ERA. She has four complete games and one shutout while striking out 46 against 16 walks.
- Baylor is 9-0, including two wins against top-25 teams: No. 24 RV McNeese State (7-1) and No. 9 Alabama (2-1).
- The Bears have 62 runs on 94 hits in 9 games.
- Three Baylor student-athletes are hitting .500 or better on the season: Jessie Scroggins (.548), Carlee Wallace (.522), and Nicky Dawson (.500).
- Taylor Dockins has pitched 28 innings in the circle and owns a .50 ERA. She has three complete games and one shutout while collecting 39 strikeouts against eight walks.
The Hawkeyes will continue to produce their blog, The Dugout, for the 2018 season. The blog provides fans the opportunity to connect with the student-athletes, coaches, and staff around the Hawkeye softball program. The Dugout aims to deliver a unique insight into the lives of the Iowa softball team. Each week, The Dugout features a different softball student-athlete, coach, or support staff member. To see the latest post, click here.
General Admission (Public) – $15
General Admission (Fac/Staff) – $12
Season tickets are available at hawkeyesports.com/tickets, by calling 1-800-IA-HAWKS, or at the UI Athletics Ticket Office at the north entrance of Carver-Hawkeye Arena.
The Hawkeyes travel to the Grand Canyon Invitational March 10-12 where they will face Georgetown and Grand Canyon.