The Hawkeyes (13-13, 1-1) continue their home stretch on March 27 with a doubleheader against UW Green Bay. First pitch is slated for 2 p.m. (CT) with game two set for approximately 30 minutes following the conclusion of game one. On March 28, Iowa hosts in-state rival, Drake, for a 5 p.m. matchup.
- Doocy strikeout tracker: 94 in 85.2 innings pitched.
- Doocy leads Iowa with a 1.47 ERA and 94 strikeouts in 85.2 innings pitched.
- Doocy led Iowa to a 4-3 win over then 17th-ranked Michigan, ending the Wolverines 18-game win streak.
- The Ankeny, Iowa native is fourth in the Big Ten with a 1.47 ERA and fifth in strikeouts with 94.
- After a career-high 15 strikeouts and a 2-0 weekend, sophomore pitcher Allison Doocy was named co-Big Ten Pitcher of the Week on March 12.
- This was the first pitcher of the week award for Doocy and the first time a Hawkeye has earned the honor since Kayla Massey on March 31, 2014.
- The final 10 outs of the game against Georgetown on March 11 came from her hand.
- Doocy was also selected as the College Sports Madness Big Ten Player of the Week on March 12.
- Doocy led the Hawkeyes to victory against No. 13 Arizona State on March 14.
- The sophomore had eight strikeouts and allowed six hits and just one walk in 7.0 innings against the Sun Devils.
KILLIN’ IT KILIAN
- Kilian leads Iowa with a .343 batting average, a .597 slugging percentage, and a .477 on-base percentage. She has a career-high five stolen bases and a team-high 16 runs.
- The Fort Dodge, Iowa, native recorded Iowa’s first home run in Pearl Field for the 2018 season against South Dakota State on March 21. It was her fourth homer of the season, and the ninth of her career.
- Junior Mallory Kilian blasted a solo home run on the first pitch at the Grand Canyon Invitational. The Hawkeyes went on to defeat Georgetown, 5-0.
- Kilian also recorded a personal-best two stolen bases against the Hoyas. These were the first two stolen bases of her career.
SCHNEIDER SAVES THE DAY
- Sophomore McKenzie Schneider hit her first career triple and her ninth RBI of the season to give Iowa the advantage in their 4-3 win over then-No. 17 Michigan, ending the Wolverines 18-game win streak.
- Schneider hit her first home run of the season at the Judi Garman Classic on March 4.
- The Southlake, Texas, native sent a two-run shot deep over the right-center field wall in Iowa’s 3-1 win over then-No. 8 Baylor.
- The homer was the second of her career.
- Schneider hit her second home run of the season — and the first grand slam of her career — to lift Iowa to victory over Creighton on March 17.
- The Hawkeyes picked up their third win over a ranked opponent on March 23 when they defeated then-No. 17 Michigan, 4-3, ending the Wolverines 18-game win streak.
- After defeating then-No. 8 Baylor, 3-1, in their final game at the Judi Garman Classic on March 4, the Hawkeyes topped No. 13 Arizona State in Tempe, Arizona, on March 14.
- Sophomore pitcher Allison Doocy earned both wins for the Hawkeyes.
- Two of Doocy’s eight strikeouts were against Baylor’s Carlee Wallace, who had only struck out twice in 30 at-bats before the matchup.
- This is the first time Iowa has defeated three ranked opponents in a season since 2015 when Iowa topped No. 17 UCF (3-2), No. 4 Michigan (6-4), and No. 12 Minnesota (2-0).
- Three Hawkeyes have thrown complete games this season: freshman Lauren Shaw, sophomore Allison Doocy, and junior Erin Riding.
- Doocy leads the team with 10 complete games, including a 3-1 victory over No. 13 Arizona State on March 14 and a 4-3 victory over No. 17 Michigan.
- Riding threw a five-inning run rule performance on Feb. 17 against Butler at the Texas A&M Invitational. She gave up two hits and no walks in the 8-0 win.
- Shaw pitched a 5-0 victory over Georgetown on March 10 at the Grand Canyon Invitational. She had a career-high six strikeouts and allowed just four hits in 7.0 innings pitched. This was also Shaw’s first career shutout.
UW GREEN BAY
- The Phoenix are 4-17 overall. The team picked up a 5-2 win over Big Ten foe Indiana on March 18.
- Chyanne Onstad leads UW Green Bay with a .339 batting average. She has 21 hits with two doubles and three home runs for a .516 slugging percentage
- The Bulldogs are 21-9 overall.
- Macy Johnson leads Drake with a .356 batting average. She has 26 hits with four doubles, two home runs, and 15 RBI for a .493 slugging percentage.
- In the circle, Nicole Newman owns a 0.77 ERA and a 9-2 record. She has thrown 106 strikeouts in 64.0 innings pitched.
General Admission (Public) – $15
General Admission (Fac/Staff) – $12
Season tickets are available at hawkeyesports.com/tickets, by calling 1-800-IA-HAWKS, or at the UI Athletics Ticket Office at the north entrance of Carver-Hawkeye Arena.
The University of Iowa softball team returns to conference action Friday at Maryland at 5 p.m. (CT) in game one of the three-game series. Game two is slated for Saturday at noon, with game three scheduled for Sunday at noon.
FOLLOW THE HAWKEYES
For all of the latest news and information on Iowa softball, visit hawkeyesports.com. Fans can also follow the program on its social media outlets at Facebook.com/iowahawkeyessoftball and
@iowasoftball on Twitter and Instagram.
Live Stats / Live Streaming
Live stats and live streaming links for each game are on the softball schedule page at hawkeyesports.com.