The University of Iowa softball team (15-14, 1-1) continues Big Ten action at Maryland on Friday at 5 p.m. (CT). Game two of the series is slated for Saturday at 12 p.m. with the series finale set for Sunday at noon.
- Doocy strikeout tracker: 113 in 98.2 innings pitched.
- Doocy leads Iowa with a 1.49 ERA and 113 strikeouts in 98.2 innings pitched.
- The Ankeny, Iowa native is third in the Big Ten with 113 strikeouts and fourth with a 1.49 ERA.
- Doocy led Iowa to a 4-3 win over then 17th-ranked Michigan, ending the Wolverines 18-game win streak.
- After a career-high 15 strikeouts and a 2-0 weekend, sophomore pitcher Allison Doocy was named co-Big Ten Pitcher of the Week on March 12.
- This was the first pitcher of the week award for Doocy and the first time a Hawkeye has earned the honor since Kayla Massey on March 31, 2014.
- The final 10 outs of the game against Georgetown on March 11 came from her hand.
- Doocy was also selected as the College Sports Madness Big Ten Player of the Week on March 12.
- Doocy led the Hawkeyes to victory against No. 13 Arizona State on March 14.
- The sophomore had eight strikeouts and allowed six hits and just one walk in 7.0 innings against the Sun Devils.
KILLIN’ IT KILIAN
- Kilian leads Iowa with a .333 batting average, a .564 slugging percentage, and a .455 on-base percentage. She has a career-high five stolen bases and a team-high 17 runs.
- The Fort Dodge, Iowa, native recorded Iowa’s first home run in Pearl Field for the 2018 season against South Dakota State on March 21. It was her fourth homer of the season, and the ninth of her career.
- Junior Mallory Kilian blasted a solo home run on the first pitch at the Grand Canyon Invitational. The Hawkeyes went on to defeat Georgetown, 5-0.
- Kilian also recorded a personal-best two stolen bases against the Hoyas. These were the first two stolen bases of her career.
WOOD AT THE DISH
- Senior Allie Wood is leading the Hawkeyes with five doubles, two triples, and 15 RBI.
- Wood hit her second career triple to score two runs and give Iowa the advantage in the second game of its double header against UW Green Bay.
- She led the Hawkeyes at the plate against the 13th-ranked Sun Devils on March 14. Wood had two hits with a double for a .400 batting average.
- She also led Iowa with a .600 slugging percentage and tied a team-high .400 on-base percentage.
- Wood hit a double and scored one run in Iowa’s 3-1 victory over No. 13 Arizona State.
- The Cypress, California native gave Iowa the advantage in its win over Wichita State, hitting her first career RBI triple to put the team up 1-0.
SCHNEIDER SAVES THE DAY
- Sophomore McKenzie Schneider hit her first career triple and her ninth RBI of the season to give Iowa the advantage in their 4-3 win over then-No. 17 Michigan, ending the Wolverines 18-game win streak.
- Schneider hit her first home run of the season at the Judi Garman Classic on March 4.
- The Southlake, Texas, native sent a two-run shot deep over the right-center field wall in Iowa’s 3-1 win over then-No. 8 Baylor.
- The homer was the second of her career.
- Schneider hit her second home run of the season — and the first grand slam of her career — to lift Iowa to victory over Creighton on March 17.
TOP 25 VICTORIES
- The Hawkeyes picked up their third win over a ranked opponent on March 23 when they defeated then-No. 17 Michigan, 4-3, ending the Wolverines 18-game win streak.
- After defeating then-No. 8 Baylor, 3-1, in their final game at the Judi Garman Classic on March 4, the Hawkeyes topped No. 13 Arizona State in Tempe, Arizona, on March 14.
- Sophomore pitcher Allison Doocy earned all three wins for the Hawkeyes.
- In the Baylor game, two of Doocy’s eight strikeouts were against Carlee Wallace, who had only struck out twice in 30 at-bats before the matchup.
- This is the first time Iowa has defeated three ranked opponents in a season since 2014 when Iowa topped No. 23 Northwestern (4-3) and No. 13/15 Michigan twice, 3-1 and 13-8.
- COMPLETE GAMES
- Four Hawkeyes have thrown complete games this season: freshman Lauren Shaw, sophomore Allison Doocy, junior Erin Riding, and senior Kenzie Ihle.
- Doocy leads the team with 11 complete games, including a 3-1 victory over No. 13 Arizona State on March 14 and a 4-3 victory over No. 17 Michigan.
- Riding threw a five-inning run rule performance on Feb. 17 against Butler at the Texas A&M Invitational. She gave up two hits and no walks in the 8-0 win.
- Shaw pitched a 5-0 victory over Georgetown on March 10 at the Grand Canyon Invitational. She had a career-high six strikeouts and allowed just four hits in 7.0 innings pitched. This was also Shaw’s first career shutout.
- Senior pitcher Kenzie Ihle threw her first complete game in Iowa’s run-rule win over UW Green Bay on March 27. Ihle threw a career-high eight strikeouts in the six inning, 9-1, victory
- The Terrapins are 12-20 overall and 2-1 in conference action. The team picked up two wins over Big Ten foe Penn State in its Big Ten opening series.
- Skylynne Ellazar leads Maryland with a .348 batting average. She has 32 hits with four doubles and three home runs for a .489 slugging percentage
- In the circle, Ryan Denhart owns a 2.62 ERA with 63 strikeouts in 106.2 innings pitched.
General Admission (Public) – $15
General Admission (Fac/Staff) – $12
Season tickets are available at hawkeyesports.com/tickets, by calling 1-800-IA-HAWKS, or at the UI Athletics Ticket Office at the north entrance of Carver-Hawkeye Arena.
The Hawkeyes return home to host in-state foe, Northern Iowa, in a mid-week matchup on April 4 at 5 p.m. (CT).
FOLLOW THE HAWKEYES
For all of the latest news and information on Iowa softball, visit hawkeyesports.com. Fans can also follow the program on its social media outlets at Facebook.com/iowahawkeyessoftball and
@iowasoftball on Twitter and Instagram. Live stats and live streaming links for each game are on the softball schedule page at hawkeyesports.com.